Help

Substitute Teachers

Don't get calls on Tuesdays

>

Iwonderwhy

Don't get calls on Tuesdays
Old 05-30-2017, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Something is not right. I don't call or jobs alerts on Tuesdays even though I know there are subs that work on Tuesdays. I asked my sub coordinator and the school secretary about it and they told me they don't have me for nonworking days on Aesop on Tuesday that maybe some teachers don't take off on Tuesdays. I know there is something that's not right because when I get job alerts for Wednesday I accept it. I go to school to sign in on Wednesday,I can see names of subs that sign in on Tuesdays.Any other days I get jobs notifications but Tuesdays I don't.has anyone experience this?

Iwonderwhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

observation
Old 05-31-2017, 12:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
told me they don't have me for nonworking days on Aesop on Tuesday that maybe some teachers don't take off on Tuesdays
And how long has this been happening? Is it all just a coincidence? Maybe you just hadn't had the chance to get assignments that land on a Tuesday, which is why the above could be true.
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Schools missing
Old 05-31-2017, 04:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have only seen a couple of jobs come up this year for one of the high schools I sub for, and only a few for a couple of the other high schools which I think is really odd. Surely they need more subs in the course of the year, and I am very confident that I have not been blocked; the only thing I can think of is the high schools are doing the staffing themselves and not putting the jobs out on Aesop. I have pretty much worked every day this year, but I am just curious what is going on as to why I am not seeing more or even any jobs being posted from these schools. I have already been invited back for my third year with the district next year. I still need 8 more days filled between now and June 21st which is the last day I want to work. I generally do not take jobs the last two days of school, which would be the 22nd and 23rd for my middle schools unless I am requested. Any idea as to why the high school jobs are not plentiful in the system throughout the year?
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lakeside

Old 05-31-2017, 05:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If they use a computerized system, check in the screen where you set what time it can call you, etc. During one update, they split out elementary and preschool designations and we all had to go back in and check all the boxes again. Maybe your notifications are turned off for Tuesdays?
Lakeside is online now   Reply With Quote

Substitute

Substitute Tuesdays
Old 05-31-2017, 08:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hello fellow sub.
Yea, Tuesdays are weird, always have been. I've been subbing for years, and if ever there's no assignment, it's on Tuesdays. I've worked up and down the state of California, and its that way wherever I go.

Sure, many subs do work Tuesdays, but usually it's a pre-arranged deal; an assignment they were already on, on Monday and it extended to Tuesday. Or, the classroom teacher requests a particular sub to fill-in for Tuesday.

I don't know why, other than, of all days of the week, Tuesday is the LEAST LIKELY DAY that a teacher will be absent. And that affects the sub who works 5 days a week.

Have a great day

Substitute is offline   Reply With Quote