Help

Substitute Teachers

For next SY

>

Cetti

For next SY
Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone else noticed that since they updated AESOPE/Frontline their job app doesn't work as well? I have always used SubAssistant ($7.95/month) but I am thinking about switching bc I have lost jobs lately because it doesn't come in quick enough or something. I have even accepted jobs and then it says the job is already taken, yet it shows up in my list of "scheduled jobs," which is really confusing!
Any input from Jobulator and SubAlert users?

Cetti is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Old 06-06-2017, 07:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've noticed a few problems since the AESOP/Frontline update, mainly that the system often locks up during the login/logout process at the school kiosks (not a problem prior to the update). If I log into the job search screen, it's not as agile as it used to be, and it freezes when I try to log out.

I've been using the SubstituteAlert app, and it's been really great, better (in my view) than Jobulator or SubAsstistant. It's also less expensive ($4.95/mo.).

You can compare them for yourself. (That's what I did.) Just sign up for a free trial of the apps and test them side-by-side to see which one is fastest and best designed. It's better to download the apps onto your phone. Email notification is definitely way too slow. Then unsubscribe and uninstall the apps you don't want once the "free trial" is up.

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 06-06-2017 at 11:31 AM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

jeopardyfan

Old 06-06-2017, 07:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The app has been pretty buggy---I click on the job, it says I have it, I add to calendar etc, but then it shows up again in the "available" list and I click it again. The 2nd time seems to work, but then I have 2 google calendar things for the same event.

The website is even buggier---normally when I log into it now, it'll show the calendar thing, then refresh right away before you can even click on anything.
jeopardyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Jobulator
Old 06-06-2017, 08:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use jobulator and the integration with Aesop is poor. For example, the Aesop Calendar button no longer functions as it should. While jobulator allows you to add jobs to your google calendar you have manually delete them for cancelations.

A friend of mine who makes web sites tells me there's a lot of unnecessary stuff on the Aesop web site. She says they should design a mobile first web site.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

cali11

SubAlert
Old 07-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When I subbed for a few months last winter, I used SubAlert. I was able to pick up a bunch of jobs with it without any problems. I believe it was around $6 per month; I think they also have a $4 version, but I decided to splurge a bit.

cali11 is offline   Reply With Quote