Help

Substitute Teachers

Fire

>

dietcoke99

Fire
Old 11-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is very off-topic, but here in Northern California there is a devastating wildfire going on. TEACHERS (I'M SURE SUBS ARE INCLUDED UNDER "TEACHERS") AND BUS DRIVERS HAVE BEEN ACTIVELY EVACUATING STUDENTS BECAUSE OF MANDATORY EVACUATIONS AND ALSO BECAUSE SOME SHELTERS ARE FULL (3 as of now). I wanted you guys to know b/c it involves students etc. Hopefully I won't get in trouble with proteacher, but in case anybody doesn't know, I wanted everybody on here to know, even if I get in trouble. It is called the "camp fire."

I don't want to give the statistics because it is VERY depressing (you have no idea) and I don't know if it would make this MORE against the rules, but if you guys want me to, I can certainly do that. I have been emailing my brother the latest info as it comes up, so I could just copy and paste it.

I think we are ok because we are 150 miles from it, but when I read about the teachers, students, and bus drivers, I thought I didn't have a choice but to tell you guys about it, in case you didn't know. I'm sure that subs are included under "teachers."

There are places on the internet if you want to help, in various ways.

Last edited by dietcoke99; 11-10-2018 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: more info
dietcoke99 is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 11-11-2018, 08:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thank you, dietcoke. I’ve been following the CampFire via James Woods (the actor) on Twitter. He’s created 2 separate hashtags to help people w/ evac and reunification. Let me see if I can locate the specific hashtags, and if so, I’ll post them here.

ETA: #CampFireJamesWoods and #SoCalFiresJamesWoods

It’s horrific devastation right now in Cali, and it could happen to any of us. Even as much as the mainstream media tries to divide us, there are many stories of people working together to help one another. We. Will. Not. Be. Divided.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Old 11-11-2018, 12:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I live in No. Cal. as well. Thanks for posting about this.

I have been following the news closely and was really impressed to read via the media about the teachers evacuating and transporting students out of Paradise (a city that subsequently burned to the ground). Those teachers deserve medals!

23 people have died so far. The fire spread so fast that some people had to abandon their cars and literally run for their lives! Very frightening situation.

The local media has done a great job of keeping us all updated and aware of the current conditions as well as volunteer and relief efforts. There are also two more horrendous fires raging in So. California in high population areas.

No division here! Californians are rallying to help one another. It's awesome to see the outpouring of support in this state!

Last edited by luv2teach2017; 11-11-2018 at 01:45 PM..
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 11-11-2018, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I too am in Northern CA, the wind is terrible as is the air quality. Red Flag warnings. Praying and doing whatever we can to help out. My son has 2 high school friends who are on the front line in Butte County.

Last edited by Tapdancesub; 11-11-2018 at 06:41 PM..
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote