Does anyone get the impression .....??????? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Does anyone get the impression .....???????

>

luvtoteach316

Does anyone get the impression .....???????
Old 08-31-2009, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello Fellow Subs,
Does anyone get the impression that sometimes a school already has someone in mind that they want to hire but have to go through the motions of interviewing? It is very frustrating. The interview goes very well, they introduce you to the principal, get your hopes up, and you find out two days later that the position was filled.

luvtoteach316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ms.Flexible

Ms.Flexible

They sure do...
Old 08-31-2009, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have had the same experience, and I have heard through personal friends that often posting a position is a technicality and they already do have someone internally for the position. I have also had a student teacher this year who was wonderful that interviewed many times with great interviews, yet didn't get the job. She also has felt they had someone in mind already and even caught wind of that hearing a conversation in one of the offices.

I think it matters who you know too. I have known substitute teachers in a district to get a job easily in the district they have worked in for some time even though. You may try that route and see if it lands you a position either leading to a long-tern sub position and then toward being hired for a regular position.

MsRLuvs2Teach

agreed.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

YES! I think in most districts that's the case. I keep wondering why in an interview, we're not required to present a lesson to a group of children. A person can say all of the buzz words you want during an interview, but can they teach? It's definitely about who you know.
MsRLuvs2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

digits

Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a relative who is a retired principal. He told me that in his district he was required to interview at least three people for each position even if he already had an idea who he was going to hire. So I think many times these interviews are just to fill mandatory requirements.
digits is offline   Reply With Quote