Help

Social Studies

HELP... need your thoughts

>

bearsfourme3

HELP... need your thoughts
Old 09-05-2011, 05:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I posted this on third grade board but no responses....
What kind of projects do you usually have your students do for the unit on explorers? I am student teaching in 3rd grade and would like to have the student complete a short project on the explorers. How did you grade the projects...rubics, points or just a grade for effort? Any suggestions or help with information about the explorers would be appreciated. This is a Virginia SOL that I will be teaching soon. SO any help on what or how you taught your students this SOL would be appreicated too. Thanks....have a great week!

bearsfourme3 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Explorers
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our third graders do not study explorers. However, my fourth graders did when I taught fourth.

My students worked in pairs to research an explorer. They used online sources and books. Then they wrote a short blurb and colored a picture of their person. They shared this with class and we created a timeline with the blurbs and pictures. Then we discussed the history of these explorers in time sequence.

Sorry this is so general. I have not taught fourth grade for seven years, so I do not have any handouts or rubrics to share.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote