Substitute Teachers

Do you agree with this?

>

OGSubbie

OGSubbie

Do you agree with this?
Old 05-21-2013, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was eating lunch today. In the school I was in, the teacher's room is next to the office. There is one sub who is also a mom and just a piece of work. Well, I heard yelling and screaming. It would take too long to type it all out, but the sum of it is her child misbehaves. He's not allowed on the school trip without a guardian and no one in the school would do it. So, she went to the BOE and they're allowing her to go on the trip and allowing her to have a FULL DAY'S pay. Does anyone else find this really insulting? I mean, we have to look on AESOP for job and she is getting paid to watch her own son because she raised him so terribly! O O If anyone wants to know, she is not certified nor a college graduate.

Does anyone see any logic in this? :/

cannohara

Crazy
Old 05-21-2013, 07:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The only reason she should get a full day's pay is if she actually works a whole day. I can't believe they're paying her for this.

It seems like some BOEs and districts are intimidated by aggressive parents and tend to give in when to a parent's demands when they feel it is politically correct to do so.

We always request volunteers to help chaperone field trips when they need extra help.
cannohara is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

Beyond crazy...
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with cannohara - if she was actually working as a sub, payment would be justified. If she's going to supervise her ill-behaved son, then she should go on her own time and not the taxpayers' dime.

No logic in it whatsoever.
nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercury

Cheaper than a Lawsuit
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The BOE figures it's much cheaper than paying a lawyer to deal with her lawsuit, is all. She sounds like a wacko who would indeed sue the school system and that's what she likely threatened to do. Even if it gets dismissed out of court, the initial lawyer fees would be much more than simply paying her a day's work.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote

Smilingsub

Old 05-22-2013, 05:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Unbelievable! I would be so mad if one of my co workers was able to do something like that. I agree with nicpen.

Smilingsub is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Be thankful it wasn't you.

When I first started subbing I got a morning of call for a 4th grade special ed position. When I got to the school I found out I was going on a field trip and my sole responsibility was the supervision of one student.

I earned my pay that day!
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote
OGSubbie

OGSubbie

Old 05-23-2013, 08:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I get what you mean, Subman. However, my mom was a working mom. There were so many things she MISSED, but she made sure I always looked clean and acted nice. Why it fair my mom couldn't get paid to go on my field trips? Ok, if my mom had the time she would get paid for taking a day off. However, my mom had to use her time for other family issues I don't feel like discussing here. My point is this. That class is filled good little boys and girls. I'm pretty sure they all have working parents. Why can't their mommies or daddies be paid to go on the trip with them? That's right, if you act bad and scream the loudest you get what you want and everyone else has to "mind their business". Just sick of the BS that goes on in this district...

broomrider

School boards are elected
Old 05-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

they are responsible to voters,usually the voter with the most money or loudest voice. It's the nature of the beast.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote