Help

Substitute Teachers

Long term sub job

>

MusicMommySub

Long term sub job
Old 07-31-2017, 11:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I accepted a long term sub job from 8/1 until 12/4 and I assumed that the pay would increase after x amount of days. But Kelly Educational informed be that you only get a pay raise if your certified. Is this true? So I need to speak with the school district?

MusicMommySub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Every district is different. Mine changed long term policy 2 years ago. Previously we got the long term bump after 10 days. Currently we get a retroactive pay bump only if we work an entire grading period. It is not possible for a non- certified sub to work more than 30 days in one assignment. So there is no pay bump if you are not certified. Given my past experiences, the amount of work needed to do a long term without an increase in pay is just not worth it.

Check with your district personnel office for their policy.
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote

spedder1

Long term pay
Old 08-02-2017, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In my district long term pay kicks in after 15 days and is retroactive to the first day. I believe that goes for subs who are not certified teachers, too. At least it did 4 years ago when I was off work after surgery. There is a pretty big pay difference for teachers, like me, who taught in and retired from the district, though. Check with the individual school districts. However, if your district uses an agency that also provides services to other districts, there may be contractual constraints when it comes to pay.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote