Help

Substitute Teachers

Sixth grade boys are just....

>

mrsd5

Sixth grade boys are just....
Old 11-30-2018, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

….awkward. They are either all legs and clumsy or still little boys or going through puberty. And they smell. After p.e. They reek. But I will go back....

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

And sixth grade girls...
Old 12-01-2018, 03:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm chuckling at your description... and tempted to note that sixth-grade girls are also somewhat awkward... and some are little girls and others are well into puberty. One is getting her stuffed animal out of her backpack, another is still in the bathroom putting on makeup and fixing her hair.

But I've always believed that sixth grade is somewhat the "last big opportunity" grade--most of the kids are still open. They're just not as quick to admit it and there aren't as many barriers to break down.
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote

OneGreatSub

I like 6th graders at the beginning of
Old 12-01-2018, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

the school year because they are new to middle school and intimidated by the multiple teachers they have and the "big" 7th and 8th graders. By the end of the year, they are comfortable in school and a lot less well behaved in class. At that age, boys are definitely less mature physically and mentally than the girls. I've had 6th grade girls in class who look like adults while the boys generally look like they are stuck at age ten.
OneGreatSub is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 12-02-2018, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I taught sixth grade reading the three days before thanksgiving. It was interesting. Some of the girls towered over the boys who looked like 4th graders.

One of the boys asked me what was the difference between a girl, a lady, and a women since I had been saying “ladies and gentlemen” while their teacher says “boys and girls.” Before I could respond a girl chimed in “pay attention in health class, you might learn something.” Had to smile at that.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

artladyhere

Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

6th grade is my favorite grade and I would have never have known this unless I jumped into subbing.

artladyhere is offline   Reply With Quote