Help

ARCHIVE

Facebook/Status Update Bulletin Board

>

Gotta Java

Facebook/Status Update Bulletin Board
Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Maybe someone can help me work through the logistics of a bulletin board I want to do. I want to base it off of facebook's homepage newsfeed where the students can update their status, but I'm just not coming up with a good way to do it. What could I use where it's easy for them to change their update beside their picture? And can anyone think of anything catchy besides "facebook?" I've never had good luck getting marker off of lamination, but that's really the only thing I can think of right now. Any ideas out there?

Gotta Java is offline   Reply With Quote

JOJO'S MOM

transparencies
Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe cut an overhead transparency in half, lengthwise for each student. They could use expo overhead markers. Those marks come off easliy with water and paper towels.

This is such a cute idea! The kids will love it! I'm addicted to Facebook! How often would you let them change their status? Maybe you could feature a couple of students' photo albums on the bulletin board each month. Maybe go by birthdays.
JOJO'S MOM is offline   Reply With Quote

ccsteacher001

cool idea
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What if you had some pocket charts hanging and a stack of sentence strips for students to change whenever needed. You could even have some premade strips with phrases that are acceptable and re-usable. Kids could change it daily with an update on their mood when coming to school. It could really give you insight into a student's behavior. You'd know which kids probably shouldn't be called on or put on the spot if they posted their status as cranky.
ccsteacher001 is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 07-22-2009, 05:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Such a cute idea...I like the pocket chart idea.
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Gotta Java

Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Oh, I hadn't thought of pocket charts! That would probably work pretty good. I knew I'd get some great ideas here. My students are 6th graders so I thought it would be something "older" for them that they'd enjoy. (Plus their teacher is addicted to facebook and would get a kick of out changing her status too!)

Gotta Java is offline   Reply With Quote

areindl

just a thought...
Old 07-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Facebook users have to technically be 13- I don't want to sound like an old fart here, but we had some issues with that last year at our school. I know you're not actually having facebook- but I was wondering if some of your kids might not have one...
areindl is offline   Reply With Quote
create 1

create 1

Facebook idea request
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

How did the Facebook board work? Do you have a picture? I love the idea but need a visual. Thanks!

youngfm

My facebook...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

For my Facebook bullentin board, I only have title... a section for News Feeds where I will put what is happening at school (sports, meetings, etc.), Highlights (student achievements in and out of school, birthdays, etc.) Requests (an envelope that allows students to leave requests).....and then Staus Updates (what is going in class). I am not allowing my students to participate in the updates...
youngfm is offline   Reply With Quote