Help

The Job Search

Advice

>

sigmagirl12

Advice
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am completing and graduating in December with my teaching degree in Ohio. I plan on moving to the Washington D.C. area (Maryland) in hopes to get a teaching position in December. I was wondering if anyone could offer advice about going out of state and telling me if I have a good chance of getting a teaching position in January of '10. How soon should I start to apply to school districts? Thanks in advanced for your help!

sigmagirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenSub

Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can start applying now. I am not sure what your chances are there, but where I am from it may be really difficult. I know many Maryland schools I have applied at take preliminary interviews after you have filled out your application packet so they can try and find the best placement for you and the school. They keep them on file for awhile, so this may help you get a long term sub job, if any open up in the spring. Otherwise, try in sub in the area you want to get hired in. You need to get exposed to the district and network. Also, get your portfolio ready and have it available easily by DVD or internet. The more you get your face out there the better.
GreenSub is offline   Reply With Quote

sigmagirl12

Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks so much for the helpful advice GreenSub!!
sigmagirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote