Help

Third Grade

MAP Goals

>

Ms.SB

MAP Goals
Old 05-07-2014, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What is the average point goal that your students need to grow from FALL to SPRING?

All of my kids had between a 10-12 point growth goal. This was both for children who scored as low as the 170s in the fall, as well as children who scored as high as the 220s in the fall. Shouldn't their point goals be more varied?

Ms.SB is offline   Reply With Quote

pink.sparkles

Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We expect our students to go up 2 - 3 points per test period, for a total growth of 6 - 8 points in a year. However, students that test lower to start may grow more than that. Strangely, students that test high sometimes skyrocket also. I had a student come in at a 240 and in the fall and test at a 269 in the winter (fifth grade). Talk about exceptional!
pink.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote

mommaharding

At home
Old 05-14-2014, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We did a goal-setting workshop with a rep from the company. I can't remember the site the link sent us to, but the goals from BOY to EOY were approx. 10-12 points. So before MOY tests, we made goal cards for each student. We wrote their BOY scores, and left a blank for MOY and EOY. We then wrote their computer generated goal at the bottom. It was SO motivating for our students and really increased effort. Some of my students got very close to their EOY goal at mid-year. Others only increased a few points or got half-way in between. We are ready for EOY. Can't wait to see how they do.
mommaharding is offline   Reply With Quote