Ideas on where to get funding to get scientific instruments into my classroom? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

High School

Ideas on where to get funding to get scientific instruments into my classroom?

>

V004

Ideas on where to get funding to get scientific instruments into my classroom?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,

I'm a new(ish) teacher at a high school in Missouri, and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on where I could get some additional funding to get scientific instruments into my classroom. Thanks!

V004 is offline   Reply With Quote

sailboatgirl

Good Luck
Old 03-27-2015, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have just received a pretty nice grant from the United Way for IPADS but I live in NC.
If you have an electrical cooperative in your area the electrical cooperatives have Bright Idea Grants for up to $2,000.
Check with Walmart and talk to your local Walmart manager. They offer about $500.00 community grants.
Also, civic groups might take on your classroom as a service project if you are willing to do alot of pictures and publicity on how they helped you.
Local companies can help some but it can be really hard to get anything now since times are hard. One time I got air conditioners from a coal company.
I have also gotten lab equipment that a college lab was closing down if I would just carry the stuff off. I ended up with some pretty neat glassware-- 250 ml bottles, test tubes, and test tube racks.
I am using caning jars I got from Goodwill for .35 as beakers when we don't require heat. I also use baby bottles instead of graduated cylinders for measurement that I got from goodwill. They don't look very chic but they work well and do the job. If you need plastic tubing go to a goodwill and alot of times they have tubing from home oxygen systems. It is amazing what a few dollars at Goodwill will produce. Best of luck.
sailboatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote