Help

The VENT

What I would really like to say, part 2

>

cruxian

What I would really like to say, part 2
Old 05-29-2018, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I apparentlly didn't get the job at the "fancy-schmancy" school. I checked the job postings and the job wasn't listed any more, which means it was offered to someone else and they accepted.
I'm really bummed because I've been on like a bazillion interviews (okay maybe like 8) and haven't gotten a single job offer. This was at a school that I really wanted to work at. I initiallly itnerviewed for a fifth grade position, didn't getit, and they asked me back for a third grade position. Then they emailed me to ask if I was still interested in it----which I read as them saying they were about to put it in to HR for whoever they had in mind for the position. I really thought it was going to be me becuase why would they ask me that if they were about to offer me the job? I guess it was between me and another candidate and they ended up picking the other candidate. Given that though, I would have appreciated an email saying they'd offered to another person and it was accepted.
I really want to email and sarcastically thank them for having me in to interview and emailing to get my hopes up.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 05-29-2018, 10:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iím so sorry you didnít get the job. I think that was a d!ck move emailing and asking if you were interested and then not giving it to you. (((Hugs)))
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 05-29-2018, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How do you know they aren't still going to offer it to you? I would't assume that them taking the position down means everything is finalized. Maybe they took it down because they know they're going to make an offer to you, and you've already said you're still interested.

If I'm wrong and they've offered it to someone else, I think it's incredibly rude when principals don't tell the candidates the position has been filled. Knowing how anxious people get about these things, you can't spend 30 seconds to send an email saying the position has been filled? I always figure I don't want to work for someone like that anyway. Think about what a jerk they must be as a leader!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 05-29-2018, 10:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think itís early days yet. You should be patting yourself on the back for being invited to so many interviews. In my experience, thereís always a lot of shuffling until school starts. Youíre in the catbird seat because you already have a job, so keep smiling and hoping. Iím hoping for you, too.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 05-29-2018, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the position you wanted yet. Without saying too much and giving myself away I'm on an interview committee right now for my grade level and another grade level. It has been very topsy-turvy so far thinking we had someone and how many people find other jobs and pull out of the initial interviews and of being finalists. So there still might be some openings even if the listing isn't still posted :-)
Good luck!

twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

No sarcasm allowed yet...lol
Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Just because the post is gone, it might mean they made up their minds. ( Not that they have contacted anyone.) They prob need to get HR approval before offering the job. Sometimes this can take up to 2 wks....not always, but it has quite a few times here.
They interviewed you 2x and emailed you back which is a very good sign that they are very interested in you. They only do that here if they want you.
Many yrs ago, I interviewed for a job at my school of choice. It seemed very much like I was going to get the job, but a district transfer happened. The P called me back and let me know.
Then 2 months later, when another job came open, she remembered me. She called me and asked if I was still interested
Unfortunately, I had already made a 2 yr commitment elsewhere.
Chances are they will remember you even if you don't get the original job. It is no fun waiting though. P's should be required to call back people they interviewed. I have a friend who has wasted so much time interviewing. A simple thank you for interviewing email would be better than nothing!
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 05-29-2018, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would think the same as you, but I have learned that things move a whole lot slower in HR than we'd like to think. Hang in there and keep thinking positive thoughts!!!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-31-2018, 09:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am also hesitant to think that means they filled the job with someone else. Sometimes they only post for a set period of time, regardless of if it gets filled or not in that amount of time. I really hope something good happens for you. Could you email and just ask for an update? Assuming they respond, at least you'll know if you're still under consideration. I've done that before. it's how I found out I didn't get one spot that I really wanted. It's also how I got a job I did want once (I don't know that he was going to offer it to me, but I called, and he offered )
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

MrsWok

Old 06-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

It's possible the posting just expired and they could take it down because they were done interviewing. Stay positive and keep in contact with them!
MrsWok is offline   Reply With Quote