Help

BusyBoard

Fund raising events

>

chalkdusty

Fund raising events
Old 09-04-2019, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm on a committee at school that is planning events and things to sell to raise money for our student activities. We talked about selling t-shirts (they aren't raising much $ lately), beef sticks (sell well, but we need up front $)....

We talked about holding a dance next month. We considered a father/daughter dance in the spring, but need some help coming up with a mother/son event. Suggestions?

Actually any suggestions for raising $ would be appreciated.

chalkdusty is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Suggestions
Old 09-04-2019, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We had:
a Fun Run (lots of prep work)
Skating Night (not my favorite, kids had lots of fun)
Movie Night
And mother/son day was a dance too!
LaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 09-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Elementary school? High school?
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 09-04-2019, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

-I second the fun run-it can be complicated or simple depending on what you want to do with it and how much time everyone has. My old school simply copied and sent out donation letters and kids asked friends and family to donate a flat amount or a per lap pledge. The Principal asked parents who were known to volunteer and donate to volunteer to help run the race on the day of the event and to donate bottled water and orange slices for the runners. Parents set up a simple track with cones and spray chalk. Each kid got a sticky label on their back and other parent volunteers marked a tally on the label every time they came by. teacher had a simple log to fill in ending totals at the end. Teachers then sent home paper letting families who donated and those who pledged a per lap amount how many laps the student ran. Money came in. Done. The school kept 100% of the money raised.

-My current school used a company to plan and facilitate the run so the school just set back and participate on the run day-but they take a hefty chunk of the profits and a little bit too much class time in my opinion. They came in every day to hand out prizes for those who got donations and taught a little lesson-it was like 10-15 minutes but over the course of 2 week that time adds up. I was kinda irritated to give up 2 hours instruction for prize time and another hour on race day, and another hour when my class won a "party" for having the most donations and for 2 weeks my kids were amped up-and this was going into testing week-AAAAHHHHHH

-For a mother son event we do mother son bowling night at the local bowling alley.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

forkids2

Old 09-05-2019, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We did a sweetheart dance where fathers come with girls and mothers with boys, but all family members were welcome. They could dress up or come in everyday clothes - most dressed up. The dance was free but we had a photographer set up in a room and raised quite a bit of money from pictures. We sold tickets for raffle prizes/baskets and drew for the winners at the end of the evening also. We are a Pre-K center and the mother/son & father/daughter dances and pictures were really cute. No one was left out though, we made it clear that all family members were welcome and many had pictures made of the whole family all dressed up.

forkids2 is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 09-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We had a mother/son dodge ball game last year. Based on pictures and word of mouth, everyone had a great time.
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

chalkdusty

Old 09-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for the ideas!

We are an intermediate school that houses 5th & 6th graders.
chalkdusty is offline   Reply With Quote