Help

The VENT

You are ruining it for us

>

nucleus

You are ruining it for us
Old 09-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have severe copy limits and we are always being told off for using so many copies. I don't use too many, but sometimes you just need to make copies. Come on!

Well I saw what one teacher was making today and I guess she makes this copy every week. It was something that could absolutely be done on notebook paper or even handwritten on copy paper. It was 100 copies back to back so it's 200 copies. We get 500 copies a month so now I know why she goes over her limit.

I want to say something to her, but I won't because that is admin's job. Just irks me that we keep getting told off for making too many copies and what I saw today actually justifies the argument.

nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote

BadKitty

Old 09-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not sure if it's like this in every district, but in mine, you have to scan your ID to make copies or print, so the admin can actually see who is making how many copies. One year, they found out the second grade team was making way more than everyone else, so our P made them think of other ways to teach certain things
BadKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Id #
Old 09-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yep, we had to use our ID code on the machine. We had a limit of 500 on one copy machine and 800 on the other machine. Unfortunately, it came down to this because a few were making unnecessary copies.
LaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 09-04-2019, 04:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I get it... it used to be a big issue with my previous principal. Since getting our new principal we never are “called out” on copies.

We are not limited in copies but only get one ream of paper a month. However, we ask parents for donations and buy our own. One ream doesn’t go far but our counts are not looked at anymore or ever discussed.

We put our ID number into the copy machine and it does show counts... they are never reset so it’s a lifetime count right now
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Emily26

Emily26

Copy limits aren't fair...
Old 09-04-2019, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

One year we got one ream of paper per month. One teacher had 11 students. I had 42. Do the math. My current school doesn't limit copying or paper, but we are asked to be mindful not to be worksheeting the children to death. When some grade levels are provided workbooks and other grade levels aren't, there are differences in how much paper someone uses.

OrganizedPup

Old 09-07-2019, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We don’t have a limit but there is a count. We had one teacher who made 120,000 last year. That, to me, is ridiculous. She was spoken to about it but that didn’t matter because she’s making a ridiculous amount of copies so far this year.
OrganizedPup is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 09-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

IMO this is on admin who hide behind blanket policies rather than having an uncomfortable conversation with one teacher. We had something similar with our dress code. The year my current P started, she said that we could wear jeans any day as long as we look "put together" and that it was totally possible to look nice without wearing dress pants.

We have one teacher who literally wore leggings and a sweatshirt every day. One time I even overheard her saying that her husband tells her he can't believe she dresses like that for work . Instead of talking to this one teacher, admin made a blanket dress code for the next year stating that we can only wear jeans on Fridays, dress pants or dresses all other days and leggings may only be worn with a dress on top.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 09-07-2019, 08:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Unlimited copies actually became part of our contract.

We also used to have copy limits. They were set by the district office though not our P. Our copies were considered part of our classroom budget and we used an ID number for them to deduct from our account. if you ran out of money and tried to make copies you got locked out of the copier. So if you used too many copies and also needed something pricey like a new projector bulb...you might not make it to the end of the year.

I remember one teacher telling me that her class did no homework because the year before when she printed things like a weekly spelling list and math facts practice pages she ran out of copies before the year was over and her copy code got locked out of the copier for the last 6 weeks of school. Imagine that-she taught second grade (so not that good at copying from the board), had zero student computers in the classroom and then she had no copies for over a month.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote