Help

Magnolia Room

Interview

>

aSubForNow

Interview
Old 06-04-2008, 07:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an interview next Wed., June 11. I was wondering if anyone could help me with how to talk about the Responsive Classroom. I just don't want to get up there and start blabbering since I know I will be nervous. I just don't know how to sum it up in a few sentences to make people who know nothing about it an idea and to make them think "hmmm...I think she's on to something here".

I went to a week-long institute last summer, but have never actually been able to implement it yet since I haven't had a classroom. I've mainly had the opportunity to practice "teacher talk", implement a few logical consequences, do a few activities and celebrations...but nothing extensive.

Does anyone else feel like they have to defend RC because initially it sounds a little lenient (most teachers around here take to yelling or automatic taking recess for everything)? I feel like I have to quickly defend it as soon as I start talking about it.

One more thing...I feel like I need to have some examples of logical consequences to give at the interview. Any quick ideas/examples to give to admin?

Thanks for any help!!!

alicej
Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 PM
This message has been deleted by alicej.