Help

Math & Science

Camt 2011

>

Gille

Camt 2011
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So, is anyone going to CAMT in July? It will be in Grapevine, at the Gaylord Texan. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Gille is offline   Reply With Quote

julie_ann_

Old 06-15-2011, 07:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think and HOPE I am, I've never been before- have you? Any suggestions?
julie_ann_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Gille

Re: suggestions
Old 06-17-2011, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes, download the CAMT catalog and start looking at which sessions you would like to attend. http://camtonline.org/docs/docs_CAMT...11_catalog.pdf

I have made myself a schedule, with around 6-8 sessions in each timeslot that I am interested in. There are so many to choose from!! The trouble is narrowing it down. If you can't choose easily, then look at the maps of the presentations rooms on pages 12-15, and use that to find sessions that would be semi-close to each other. You could also coordinate with other colleagues and share notes afterwards. When you leave a session, don't waste any time in heading straight to your next one, because there will be a line for it, if it's any good. Several times, they have cut off the maximum occupancy for a room just a few people ahead of my spot in line. Also, try to schedule some time to visit the exhibits. There are lots of vendors trying to sell things, and there is a lot of good stuff to be found.

As far as presenters, the ladies from Creative Mathematics (http://www.creativemathematics.com/) are amazing. For primary, Barbara Novelli is the one to see, and for elementary, see Kim Sutton. I would also suggest attending a session from Marcy Cook (http://www.marcycookmath.com/).
Gille is offline   Reply With Quote

julie_ann_

Wow!!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for all the suggestions! I just got the catalog today and MAN there are a ton of choices! At least there are a lot of things to go to if they all fill up quick!
julie_ann_ is offline   Reply With Quote

dbmwhaley

Old 06-30-2011, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

CAMT is awesome! I always try to go to anything that is provided by Region 4. Region 4 is the best when talking about math. They provide a lot of hands on activities. Have fun!!!

dbmwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote