Help

High School

Out of class time

>

Teacher_twins

Out of class time
Old 07-29-2014, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This year I am teaching algebra 2 and English 2. In my English 2 classes, I will assign essays based off of FCAT prompts every Wednesday. I expect to spend a lot of time reading and grading them after school. Also, I am the sponsor for the A\V club which does the sound and lights in the auditorium when people rent it or we have a school function, which we have a lot of. Also, this year I will be the treasurer for the performing arts booster organization. I also have been deemed the unofficial couples counselor at my school even though I have no degree or professional training in that field (basically all I do is help kids come out as gay or bi).

Now, some of you may feel like I am taking on too much but I have done more. I like to be involved in my school. If not, I probably would be sitting at home watching every movie on Netflix.

Are any of you involved in after school programs at your school that you aren't paid to do?

Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

knitting987!

Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A am a sub. But this is what I think. I think the students will see how involved you are outside of class and really make an effort in class because they know you care. You are one of those teachers they will remember because you go above and beyond. Kids know who is just there for a pay check and who loves what they do.
knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote