Help

High School

Signed with a new school!

>

yaga44

Signed with a new school!
Old 06-13-2015, 10:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a science teacher who taught science for 2 years in a private school , now i signed with another private school as a chemistry teacher , it is summer break almost , so i was wondering how to make the best of it to prepare for the new position , any ideas please ? thanks

yaga44 is offline   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 06-17-2015, 01:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm about to retire after 39 years teaching chemistry.

Do you have the textbook you will be using? Do you have access to the lab to see what chemicals and equipment are there? Can you order materials? One thing I would want to do is check those things out so I had some lab ideas, and order things I might need. I might also make a tentative scope & sequence on a calendar based on the school curriculum (if it exists) and/or the textbook.

The other thing worth doing is to learn more about lab safety, especially if you will be the sole chem teacher. Flinn Scientific has a boring, but very good & complete online program for free.

Are you teaching any other subjects, or just chem?
lisa53 is online now   Reply With Quote

yaga44

lisa53 thanks
Old 07-27-2015, 12:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

sorry for the late reply and thanks for your response . Yes i have the textbook will be using "HOLT chemistry" ..as for the lab i cant get any info now till the school starts. I cant order materials as well. mmm regarding safety i think it is a great idea to learn more about safety . I used to teach general science the previous few years , this year i mainly teach chem but maybe will get a bio class , still not confirmed though. I am kindda looking for a complete chapters plan template or sample , would love to plan ahead this time ...thanks Lisa and wish you will be doing things you enjoy the most after retirement
yaga44 is offline   Reply With Quote