Fifth Grade

Displaying Procedures

>

Cate3624

Displaying Procedures
Old 07-13-2016, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello!

So I'm setting up my classroom and I know as a first year teacher, I need to be super strict! Therefore, do you suggest writing out my procedures on anchor charts or just reviewing them daily be enough?

Cate3624 is offline   Reply With Quote

vrchandler

Procedures
Old 07-13-2016, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have taught 5th grade for 4 years (6 years teaching altogether) I just go over them daily. I have them on a prezi and at the beginning of the class for the first week I go over the specific procedures that I am using that day. I have learned this keeps them engaged and because they are being used that day the students learn them faster.

I have also learned that making a rules and consequence anchor chart together has deterred lots of unwanted behaviors.

On pinterest, there is also a Seat Signals chart that I have in my room that I absolutely love. It really helps when we are in small groups and I am working with a group at my table. The students just put up a hand signal (one finger for restroom, two fingers for water, etc..) and I either nod yes or no. This helps keeps my class super organized and the noise level down.
vrchandler is offline   Reply With Quote

StephR

Old 07-31-2016, 08:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I created a Procedure Manual that I have used since my first year of teaching. It lays out every single classroom procedure with a step by step explanation for my students. We read it at the beginning of the year like core lit and they keep it in their desks throughout the year. If we need to at any time, we pull those books out and review. It has worked well for me and my students.
StephR is offline   Reply With Quote

pausebutton

Me too
Old 08-13-2016, 04:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I also go over a Procedure Manual. Here's mine. It's for first grade, but some of the procedures might work for you. Good luck on your first year!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Class Procedures - no name version.pdf (180.2 KB, 18 views)
pausebutton is offline   Reply With Quote