Help

The VENT

Didn't get the job

>

Violet4

Didn't get the job
Old 05-25-2018, 03:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I didn't get a job within my own building. I won't give away too much detail but I was the only person in my building qualified for it and I've also worked there awhile. Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach and wonder who's laughing at me behind my back.

I'm a little too upset for advice right now, just want support. I'll figure something out.

Violet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-25-2018, 03:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. It's not even me and I feel kicked in the gut on your behalf. Not getting the position sucks but it also must make you feel unappreciated within your own building.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 05-25-2018, 07:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm so sorry. I know how it feels. There was a position open in my building and they wouldn't even interview me. I won't lie, I was so ticked I transferred. Probably not the most mature or professional reaction.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

elmo33

Old 05-25-2018, 07:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I donít blame you for being upset... it can be so political. They may have someone in mind already and feel itís easier to keep you where you are. Where I am it is not easy to switch positions...
elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Violet4
Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

That is so disappointing and frustrating. So sorry you are going through this. I would be deeply upset, also.

kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

I am so sorry
Old 05-25-2018, 08:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That is disappointing for sure and frustrating when you are the most qualified. I have seen it happen for yrs now that the most qualified often do not get the job. It is either political or a smoozer that gets it. I t is a bummer if someone is laughing behind your back.If people are laughing, they must have pretty sad lives. Remember: He who laughs last, laughs best. It sounds like you are figuring something out. Take care and do some things you enjoy that will give you a pick me up! Best wishes and flowers to you!
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

whiteturtle

Old 05-25-2018, 01:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, our whole profession has lost its mind..
I hope you have a good weekend. Take care of yourself.
whiteturtle is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I'm so sorry!
Old 05-25-2018, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I know how badly that hurts. That happened to me once, and it ended up being for the best. I hope it's that way for you too.
linda2671 is online now   Reply With Quote

SweetTea

Passed over...
Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I am sorry you were passed over for the job you wanted. That has to be hard to take. Sending positive thoughts your way and trusting that something better be available in the future!
SweetTea is offline   Reply With Quote

midwestread

Yuck, that sucks
Old 05-25-2018, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

ok, no advice.
Hugs to you, that is a huge betrayal and you have every right to feel stung. Don't you wish they could have given you some info prior to you applying? They lose out!

midwestread is offline   Reply With Quote

Testyteach

Dont feel too bad
Old 05-26-2018, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I feel like I always get the least desirable position at my current school. I'm always listening to everyone else whine and I'm about fed up with getting shafted. I will make this next school year my last. Someone else can get cornered into taking this position after I leave. I'm so ready to move on that I hope I can make It one more year.
Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Thanks everyone
Old 05-26-2018, 11:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Your responses have helped the hardest part will be finishing this year out.
Violet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

newbie17

Been there
Old 05-26-2018, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Oh honey I can empathize! I'm in the same situation. I was the only person in my building (possibly the only one in the district) qualified for the position and I wasn't even interviewed. It wasn't until I called a meeting with my principal that I was even heard. He told me he knew I wanted the transfer and talked to the Super about me but she (the sup) wants me to stay where I am. What's better is the person they transferred into the position isn't even licensed for the grade level or trained in the program that is required to teach the subject.

I have to keep telling myself that things happen for a reason and that I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I won't be giving up on a transfer though, and neither should you!
newbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote

cutecat

Old 05-27-2018, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I am so sorry! I have taught a long time and I have seen this happen so many times to wonderful educators. Sadly I have watched people get interviewed and hired based on political reasons and based on who they know on the board or in the community. Please do not take this personally and don't be hard on yourself. This is beyond your control. Sending positive thoughts and encouragement to you!!!
cutecat is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-27-2018, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I'm so sorry! That really sucks. I can relate to this feeling
Quote:
Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach and wonder who's laughing at me behind my back.
I hope you can finish the year strong. I bet no one is laughing behind your back and some people probably even feel really badly for you. We're all sending you some strengths to finish the year from PT-land!
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 05-28-2018, 03:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I am so sorry! Their loss. You can move on to where you'll be appreciated.

There are several districts around here that will not hire or promote from within their buildings or district nor will they hire their substitutes. I have no idea why. It's wrong. To quote my favorite coffee mug: "Not to spoil the ending, but it will all turn out OK."
bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tounces

Sorry
Old 05-29-2018, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Sorry this happened to you. I know how it feels. Iíd like an open position at my school too. The principal has already made her mind up that it will be someone else-a male teacher. He has only worked 1 year as a teacher and doesnít have the license for the open one. Iím the only one in my school that has the license. But because Iím a woman the principal wonít consider me thinking I canít handle it. But I can and have. Plus I did a great job doing it. He smoozes a lot and is younger, plus principals prefer male teachers which sucks and is discrimination! I hope that your summer is relaxing and you get a position where you are more appreciated.
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsWok

Old 06-01-2018, 01:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I am so sorry. This just happened at my school. We have at least two positions available for next year and two internal candidates who are great and put in the time were interviewed. Neither of them got it and the principal hired externally. I am so upset. It's not fair. These people were very qualified as well. None of us are laughing behind their back, I hope that's the case at your school.

Try not to take it personally, I know it is so hard, but sometimes administrators want new blood for whatever reason. Good luck!
MrsWok is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-01-2018, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

We just had a position open up, and before anyone even knew it was a position, the p asked a teacher to take it. No interviews, no conversation, job didn't even have a job description. I have thought a lot about it and know that I wouldn't want the job, but the p didn't know that. I am qualified and experienced in the area AT LEAST as much, and I believe more, as the person she gave it to, and I am still bothered by it. And really, I wouldn't even interview if they had gone that route, but I am still upset that there wasn't even a conversation.

I can imagine how upsetting it would be to want the job. I hope for your peace of mind you can come to gripes with it over the summer. I am sure that no one is laughing at you, and if by some odd chance they are - I hope karma bites them in the a$$.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote