Help

The VENT

Happy Data Vent-when the data vindicates

>

Kinderkr4zy

Happy Data Vent-when the data vindicates
Old 09-04-2019, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Some of you may remember me talking last year about how much I loved my class. I bragged on them constantly for their excellent work ethic, can do attitude, and their dedication to being their best selves. And what happens when you have a class like that-They learn!

Well we got the data from last year using 2 points-their state test scores and their overall growth across the year from baseline district test scores last year to baseline scores for this year and...

Their data makes me look good honey. Over half made more than a years growth (a lot made 1.5 years growth) and were rated advanced on the SBAC. Between proficient and advanced scores I had 80% of my class old class making me look like a rock star.

Even my kid with ODD who came to me slightly below grade level in math was advanced in BOTH ELA and math.

And so if anyone wants to act like I didnt teach my but off-the numbers vindicate me!

And this years data made it clear-only 1 kid came to me on grade level...and barely even on grade level. So if they dont do as well this year-I got the data to prove it-its not my fault. I am convincing my self to focus on growth points. They may not leave me proficient but we gonna grow.

Last edited by Kinderkr4zy; 09-05-2019 at 03:45 AM..
Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote

caseycat

This cat
Old 09-05-2019, 05:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Knows your vindication. One year the powers that be down in central office questioned our kindergarten reading scores - majority were DRA 10 or higher (urban district). They sent the heavy hitters to retest our kids. Those people went back to central office and told them to leave us alone, unless they wanted to clone us. Felt so good. Happy happy for you!
caseycat is offline   Reply With Quote

NewCAteacher

??
Old 09-05-2019, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do people really think you do a slack job? If they are other teachers, then SHAME on them.
NewCAteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Quote:
Do people really think you do a slack job? If they are other teachers, then SHAME on them
One of my grade level partners always got the high kids while I and another teacher have always gotten the low and behavioral kids. She taught a combo class so it was always suggested that she get only the best kids because she has to split her instruction-those who need one on one or who struggle or who have behavior that makes attending a struggle would sink in that environment. While I always got it, and knew it was for the best of the kids it did really irritated me at times when she would say, "Oh you should try this teaching method I am using (something that wasnt new to me that I tried and didnt find that beneficial for the amount of time it ate up) it is so awesome you should see how advanced my kids are going to be because of it." She also got frequent praise because of the "great things" going on in her room. Her class was "so amazing". I guess it made feel like-ok so what am I chopped liver- I would be just as amazing if all my kids came to me already proficient with -I kid you not-80% of third grade standards according to their baseline data scores. Of course they excelled-there was no where else for kids who are already proficient to go. At every data check in last year my kids lagged a little behind hers (and these were the best kids I had EVER had) in scores but they all made more growth.

SO...when our SBAC score reports were nearly equal I felt vindicated. I taught just as well-my kids were just as amazing.

I know, I know-I dont need no stinking data to know I am a good teacher-but...solid proof that I rock still feels good.
Kinderkr4zy is online now   Reply With Quote

UVAgrl928

Old 09-07-2019, 06:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Girl, I feel your pain! But isn’t it the best feeling?!

The last few years I felt so beat down by admin. This year she told me my test scores were “pretty good”... I had a 96% pass rate! That’s more than pretty good to me!

UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote