Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Not happy with purchase

>

mom23kids

Not happy with purchase
Old 09-10-2019, 01:29 PM

I bought a rug o Amazon.I've been looking forever to replace my disgusting area rug in the living room and I THOUGHT I found it the other day. It came today and my dh put it on the floor before I came home. So, I really love the colors (beige and ivory with a morrocan design) However the rug is NOT plush at all and it is limpy like if picked it up, it would hang over my arm. I guess it's more like a "throw rug" than an area rug. I just vacuumed it and it scrunches up in some parts but it was vacummable (). I just have to pull it out so it straightens out. It looks like a cheap piece of junk.. I'll attach a pic later and show you. I'm not sure what to do. I'm in desperate need of a rug and believe it or not, I have been searching for ever and can't find exactly what I want.

Last edited by mom23kids; 09-10-2019 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: changed kitchen to living room (I would never put rug in kitchen, don't know why I typed that
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 09-10-2019, 01:34 PM

Many items on Amazon are returnable for free if you are a Prime Member. Look under your orders and see if this is the case for your rug. Good luck!
MathWA is online now   Reply With Quote

jov

Kohls
Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 PM

You can return most Amazon items to a Kohls store, though I'm not sure about rugs. They package it and return it to Amazon at no cost to you.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote

Candiqueen

Old 09-10-2019, 02:37 PM

Wayfair has a good rug selection.
Candiqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Return the rug
Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 PM

Return the rug if you arenít pleased. You can see if there is a charge for returns on the Amazon page you placed the order. We have amazon prime and I only purchase Prime items because of the free returns.

*As a side note if your rug is limp and lumpy it sounds like it might be a tripping hazard. Returning it would be the safest thing to do.

Keep looking and eventually youíll find a rug you like better.

Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Rug
Old 09-10-2019, 05:27 PM

Send it back. Check out bed bath and beyond for carpets.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

elsa4409

Old 09-11-2019, 06:18 PM

We recently returned a rug to Amazon. We wrapped it ourselves, which was a huge headache. We have prime so it didn't cost anything.

I think you should return it if you're not happy. In my case, the rug's pattern was much more garish in person and even looked cheap. I found another rug quite quickly that I liked much better and I had also been looking forever. Is there any way you can experiment with size. I had thought I needed a rectangular rug for my office, but actually the one I ended up loving is round. I did notice that not every rug was available in every style and size. So if you find one you love, would it be possible to get it in a slightly different size? It may not be possible, but it is what worked for me.
elsa4409 is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

Old 09-12-2019, 12:31 PM

I did return it which was super easy because it wasn't like a rug but more of a throw so I was able to fold it up and buy a box to put it in. I'm thinking of going to a local carpet place and seeing if they can do a 5x7 in a style I pick that I can afford.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote