Classroomfriendlysupplies pencil sharpen problem. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

BusyBoard

Classroomfriendlysupplies pencil sharpen problem.

>

Jule

Classroomfriendlysupplies pencil sharpen problem.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you have one of these wonderful sharpeners, I have a question. I rave about mine all the time and finally, another teacher bought one. I tried it in her room today and found that the pencils sharpen unevenly (never has done this with mine) and the silver panel gets stuck everyone time you try to close it. Has anyone else had these problems with these pencil sharpeners? I'm so disappointed, especially since she bought it on my recommendation.

Jule is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 09-17-2015, 02:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not super impressed with these sharpeners either. It sharpens evenly, though to a really long point if you do it too long, and yes, I have had the it get stuck in the "out" position several times as well as pencil lead getting jammed in the sharpener a few times. I also find it a bit cumbersome to use. However, both my expensive electric sharpeners don't work well either!
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Yes
Old 09-17-2015, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have had it get stuck also, and I have noticed that points seem to get broken in the sharpener and then it doesn't work until I shake it and/or use a bent paper clip to take it out. I do have a great electric sharpener, the X-Acto ProX. This is my second year with it and it's going strong. I have found that only electric sharpeners labeled "heavy duty motor" seem to hold up to the use, and even then, it's iffy. I would contact the sharpener company about the problem. If it is happening very frequently, maybe they will send a replacement.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

I have saved my reciept
Old 09-17-2015, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had one that worked well for the first few weeks and then it sharpened unevenly. I took it back and got a different brand in the same price range$$$. I did save that receipt also it was the XActo Pro X. it was great. I restricted the kids pencils to only the good ones not the ones from the dollar store.

I did have a really good cheap one from Costco that worked really great. It cost about $8. I forgot the name.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote

kcougar

Lead is stuck
Old 09-17-2015, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It sounds like lead is stuck. If that's the problem, you just have to unscrew the handle and it falls right out. The website has a short video on removing lead...super easy.

kcougar is offline   Reply With Quote