Darn, I should not have answered the phone! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The VENT

Darn, I should not have answered the phone!

>

twinmom95

Darn, I should not have answered the phone!
Old 12-26-2019, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I posted about this 2 years ago when I got the ranting, swearing, full of contradictions phone call from my younger sister surrounding her expectations of the holidays and apparently how I don't meet them (even though I hosted a 17 person family get together at my house on Sunday for us all, and for close to 30 years traveled on Christmas Day, often with kids, 2 hours to my folks to have a big family gathering. Her drive was 5 minutes).

Lucky me, I just got that same call again. After trying to be patient, I told her I was hanging up. At least it wasn't followed by about 20 nasty texts like last time. I am sure I have not heard the last of it though.

I get it, she has a lot on her plate, but a lot of it she put there herself.

I really didn't need this crap Just wanted to get this off my chest ( again!)

Last edited by twinmom95; 12-26-2019 at 08:24 PM..
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 12-26-2019, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Definitely time to let the machine screen calls. Enjoy the rest of your holidays. Apparently someone can't deal with imperfections (although it sounds to me as if you did your part and more).
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Ugh
Old 12-27-2019, 02:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm sorry. I have a difficult sister too, and there are many times I don't enjoy talking with her on the phone due to her mean and bullying behavior. I recently took a break from her. It was nice not to deal with her nonsense for a while. You may want to do the same thing.

Last edited by travelingfar; 12-27-2019 at 08:23 AM..
travelingfar is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 12-27-2019, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We don't talk often, but when I saw her caller ID I answered it because I wasn't expecting the rant ( silly me!). My parents are also staying with her for a week for the holidays so I wasn't sure if maybe there was an issue with one of them. The "issue" is she feels put upon hosting them ( plus lots of other crap)

Sorry, you are the only one with the extra room and live much closer to the airport. I am 2+ hours further away and have a full house this year with both my own adult children visiting plus DD's BF. I told her maybe I could host them next year because DD most likely won't be here.

The irony is she complains that she feels she and her 3 teens are "abandoned" on the holidays, but then complains when people are there on Christmas( my parents, and my two other siblings and their 2 adult kids who live close enough to visit more easily).

And the giant family gathering I hosted last weekend doesn't "count" because it wasn't ON Christmas Day! Yes, seriously!

I came down with a cold last night in between that and her stupid phone call, I maybe got 3 total hours sleep.

I will not be answering any calls from her anytime soon!
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 12-27-2019, 09:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just survived 2 days at my in-laws. My husband and 2 adult kids ( bless them) helped with the cooking, cleaning and take down of the decorations. Which DH and I also had to put up a few weeks ago. I gritted my teeth through their ungrateful attitudes, my SILS sitting on their rear ends the whole time, and the the long-distance FaceTime with their “favorite” family. I feel your pain. I went on a brisk walk this morning and am beginning the process of shaking it off. Life is too short.

Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 12-30-2019, 09:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Your sister sounds like my brother.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote