Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Fun hair, here I come... i hope

>

Zephie

Fun hair, here I come... i hope
Old 06-01-2020, 07:01 AM

My hair stylist suggested I use overtone products to color my salt and pepper hair in pastel colors rather than pay her for a fantasy color.sje said she thinks that will work better for me because my grey accepts color pretty well. Their website didn't have any of the colors I wanted in stock last week so I patiently (ok, impatiently) waited for the colors to come back in stock.

Yesterday the website had all 3 colors I wanted, so I took a dive and purchased them for less than a fantasy hair cor appointment would have been for me. I known it's such a silly purchase, but ive wanted to do this for years. My last school had a no unnatural hair color policy. And so did the daycare until three months ago. Coloring my hair has been the least of my concerns lately, but I decided I wanted to take a chance and do it before school starts up again. If it doesn't fade out before myncontract starts, I'll have my stylist remove the color for me, of dye it close to my natural brown that I have left. Who knows if that will even be needed. In two months I'll be due for a hair cut and most of it will probably be trimmed out anyways.

Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-01-2020, 07:05 AM

Did you decide to go with the overtone products?
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Old 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM

I did. I went with what Sara recommended to me... and the return policy is pretty good for that company. Ill try one color on a strip and see what it does. If it doesn't work well, I'll send the other bottle back for a refund.

timeforbed

colors?
Old 06-01-2020, 09:40 AM

Are they bright colors like hot pink and purple? I hope so. I do enjoy seeing others express themselves that way. I used a mascara wand with those colors a couple of times. It washes out in the shower, so it was just for a fun day. I bought them on Amazon.

My neice has blue hair under a thick layer of her natural color hair. I like seeing the peek of it when she wears her hair back or tucks it behind her ears.
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Pastels
Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 AM

I went with pastels of pink blue and purple. I want fun, but a little bit more subtle than the bright colors. The original plan was to oil slick my grays with a mix of lilac, orchid, pink, and light blue. These are pretty close approximations of thenoroginal.color plan.

elsa4409

Old 06-01-2020, 11:07 AM

This is so exciting! I love fun hair colors and I was looking at Overtone when all of this started. My hair is so dark naturally, though, that it seemed like it wouldn't show up. I will live vicariously through you.
elsa4409 is offline   Reply With Quote

NoKetchup

Fantasy Colors
Old 06-01-2020, 12:56 PM

I love, love having fantasy color hair. Yes it is a process (three hours long) and somewhat expensive but I love it. Not only do my students like it but it helps identify me. So many times parents have called the office and when asked who their child’s teacher is they say “the one with the colorful hair”.

Last year my friend who does my hair wanted to try a neon orange, purple, and pink combo and it is my favorite so far!
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
NoKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote

Zephie

noketchup
Old 06-01-2020, 01:25 PM

oh my! I love it! My gal doesn't carry fantasy colors regularly and fantasy color appointments are one of her least favorite things to do - and she admits it. Her frequent recommendation is to let her bleach it out and then use overtone at home. She loves the product and loves how healthy it leaves peoples hair.

We talked for a good long time about her personal reasons for not liking to do crazy hair colors on people, but her personal love of crazy hair colors.

With us being in a fairly conservative area in the Bible belt, its not something you see around town frequently. Sje said if it gets to be mainstream around here she will consider doing it as a normal hair color service instead of a special order one.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 06-01-2020, 04:57 PM

That is so cool! FUN hair is a great name for it! Enjoy it while you can!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 06-01-2020, 05:47 PM

Can't wait to see your new color!

sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Queenie Peavy

Old 06-01-2020, 07:19 PM

Please post pics when you get done! What fun!
Queenie Peavy is offline   Reply With Quote