Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Changing from Targeted to Schoolwide

>

3monkeys

Changing from Targeted to Schoolwide
Old 08-20-2012, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is transitioning from a targeted Title school to Schoolwide this year.

Can those of you who have made this transition tell me how this impacted your job? What changed? What didn't change? Any and all ideas and information would be appreciated. I was a brand new Title teacher last year and felt like I just kind of stumbled through the year, and now things are changing AGAIN so I feel like I am starting at ground zero again.

BTW--I teach Title I Reading for PreK-4th grade.

3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

schoolwide
Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First - relax. It may not be much different. It wasn't for me. We still used universal assessments on all students and figured out which were of the highest need. In our case, I still pulled out the lowest students in small groups. Since all students are technically Title I students, we were more relaxed about things as new students moved into the district. The teacher would test the new student and we would talk about whether to add him to my group or not. We had more parent evenings and had to distinguish whether it was for the parents and students being served, or for all parents and students of the school. We had both types.

The biggest difference was the budget, there was suddenly so much more money available. I didn't just supply my classroom with it, I also got with the classroom teachers and some of "my" budget money was used to purchase what would benefit all students in reading, such as lit sets for the leveled library that all teachers could choose from.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote