Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Bored

>

Joelle

Bored
Old 08-23-2006, 03:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is just my 3rd year of teaching and I am used to being a full time classroom teacher and right now I am bored with my Title I position. Right now we are just testing (haven't started groups), but I feel like everything is unorganized and that I don't do much or have much of an impact. Help!!!!!!!!!

Joelle is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Just hang in there for a while. Do the testing, and get to the other side. It can be boring when you are used to the activity of the classroom, but your time is coming. Soon you'll be having group after group, and you'll be so busy you'll take a deep breath and it's time to go home. You'll have students in small groups and make a great deal of impact on them because of the small group, their walking to a different environment, and your attention and expertise. If you literally have time with nothing to do, prepare for groups by organizing books, gathering materials, making games or decorations or activity components. It won't be like this forever.

In our school, spring is also like that. We end groups at the time of state testing, and a month before school lets out. We test more and finish the paperwork. Here, spring paperwork is at a faster pace than fall paperwork, and it took the first 5 years here for me to get organized enough to not be putting in late nights and time on the weekends.

Good luck, and I hope you start feeling better about the job soon. I truly believe it's a wonderful job and one that the kids desperately need me in.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

readerabbit

agree
Old 08-24-2006, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with MrsM just keep testing and getting schdules done. I felt like I wasn't getting much done except forms etc. But my kids met the first time today after all that testing etc. and I am back in the groove. I have had several teacher friends that were unhappy doing Title 1 they like the rhthym of reg. ed. Many Title teachers feel left out of the grade level chit chat. Because your guildlines etc. are different from theirs. So what you are feeling is normal.
readerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote