Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Bulletin Boards for Title I classroom?

>

3monkeys

Bulletin Boards for Title I classroom?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be teaching Title I Reading for grades K-4. In the classroom where I will be moving, I have two large bulletin board spaces as well as two smaller ones.

Anyone have any good bulletin board ideas that you would share? Thanks!

3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

My room..
Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have no official bulletin board space but here are some of the things I have between my active board and the counter and in other spots in my room....file cabinets, cupboard doors, etc. I teach grades 3, 4, and 5 reading so some of this might not apply to you but it may give you ideas for your room.

1. I have little sticker charts with each student's name on it. I call it the Read at Home Club with an assortment of awards for reaching XX amount of stickers, etc. The RAH club.

2. What good readers do....I got the charts which are 8 X 11 from PT somewhere and they basically are reading strategies for students to do to become good readers. I refer to it often and we discuss on of the 8 ( I think??).

3. I have 3 pocket charts covering one large white board where I put weekly vocab cards for each of the grade level I service with each of my 12 teachers names beside each row of words and I change this weekly as they move from a story to story in our basal readers.

4. I have on my cabinet doors something I call Brown Bag Words and Gift Wrapped words....it has words like SAID in brown, boring bag paper and then a list of words underneath on bright, colorful paper of words to use instead.

5. I have quotes from various books posted throughout the upper wall space above active board, white board, windows. The quotes are motivational like believe in yourself, or from a book that speaks to me or to students in some way. Like Today is a gift....that is why they call it the Present.

6. I have a large bank of windows that I have Genre posters on because my 4 and 5 graders need to know this for our state test as well as reference tools to use...what does a dictionary do? I have found these in various spots on line.

7. Underneath my active board I have some graphic organizers that stress comprehension steps or story elements or how to recognize parts of what you are reading....

Hope this is helpful. Sorry NO pictures to share.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote