Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How are everyone's classes going?

didaves is offline   Reply With Quote

looping

No TI Classes Yet
Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We were hoping to be servicing kids in our TitleI math by now. We have been helping with state testing prep- small groups of "cusp" students. The testing is happening these next 2 weeks and we are helping administer to those with accomodations and then make-ups. So, Title I classes aren't going anywhere here yet!
looping is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

Going well!
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My kids are in the groove! We've had a short week, a full week, and a short week of groups. Most are coming exactly on time (3rd graders) and settling into learning. Some are still looking at it as goof-off time and not working, but they will feel the pinch of consequences in a short while. I'm already moving some kids up in reading level.

Last spring I wanted out and started looking for a different job. I applied as technical college recruiter and local college registrar. Nothing came of either, and I'm almost glad, because I'm having a great year this year and would have missed the kids.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

Pretty well
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hello!

I would have to say things are going pretty well. Most kids are coming on time, my teachers have been mostly good at letting me know their reading plans, and I feel much more confident.

We are in the midst of quite a bit of testing...the MAP testing is new for us..so I have been missing some classes. All the beginning of the year testing, my testing, and this new computer stuff is wearing on the kids...I frustrated with how much we test now overall in comparison to 10 years ago...when do we teach!!!!

Thanks for asking....how is it going for you???
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

readerabbit

trucking
Old 10-05-2007, 11:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We are trucking along. Don't always know what path we are on
We just finished our first 9 wk grading period.
I have a question to throw out. Are you finding your students are coming to you stronger each year or weaker? Mine academically more weaker and socially weaker. Not venting just stated facts.

readerabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

I agree
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Much weaker in both areas....also in independence and the drive to try to figure things out on their own. I have taught for over 20 years and I think students have changed considerably. What hasn't changed is the need to feel wanted and reassured and cared for. They love the attention..as do all human beings. I think their attention level is less as well?

What do others think?
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

other factors involved
Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I teach only 3rd grade Title I. For a few years we didn't have adequate coverage in 2nd grade, and I got more kids with much weaker ability. In March 2006 our district hired a 2nd grade Reading teacher and it has gotten much better since then. On the other hand, kids are coming in at much lower levels, though there are fewer of them. I have kids as low as 1.0 in 3rd grade this year. The 2nd grade Reading teacher is seeing kids who don't know sight words and basically can't read, in 2nd grade. I have far fewer students than in past years, luckily, because the ones I do get are pretty low and need a lot of attention and focus.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote