Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Facebook Live

>

Teacherbee_4

Facebook Live
Old 04-01-2020, 02:51 PM

I do not have a Facebook Account. My church is streaming Sunday masses via Facebook Live. Their Facebook is a public page. However, even though it's public, I have not been able to view/find the Facebook Live. My dad, who has a Facebook account, said he has, so I know it's there and working. I've been instead watching another church's masses who is using YouTube. It's been totally fine, but I miss my priest and the music our church does. I can't imagine missing their Holy Week Services. Always so beautiful. I know it will be different without others there, but I'd still like to tune in to my church's Facebook Live Stream of Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday masses. While I could still tune in to the parish that is using Youtube, I'd rather tune into my parish. I have two ideas:

-Am I doing something "wrong" that I can't get Facebook Live? Should I be able to get it without an account if the Facebook page is public?

-Maybe I'll create a Facebook account just for the purpose of the services. Here are my questions about that. Can I create an account and not put anything on that page? Could I even use a fake name? I'm a very private person and that's one of the reasons why I don't facebook. If I create a facebook account, real name or fake name, can I delete it right after the Holy Week services?

Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 04-01-2020, 03:20 PM

Make a Facebook, use your name or a version of your real name, put it on the most strict privacy settings. (You can make it not searchable and release as much or as little information as you want.)

When you are finished with it, you can deactivate it. It will disappear from FB, but you can reactivate it again when you need it. I wouldn’t delete it completely because that means you can’t make a new one with that same email account again, which could be problematic if you want an account again.

My mom uses FB only for following special interest groups.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 04-01-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Can I create an account and not put anything on that page? Could I even use a fake name? I'm a very private person and that's one of the reasons why I don't facebook. If I create a facebook account, real name or fake name, can I delete it right after the Holy Week services?
Yes, my facebook has a fake name, throwaway email, and nothing but teaching groups that I follow. I have a profile picture that is just one of those quote boxes from somewhere online, and it's been the same one for 5 years.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

KeyKid

streaming church services
Old 04-01-2020, 06:16 PM

My church is doing the same and like you, I don't have Facebook. Once the service is over, they are uploading the video to YouTube, which I can watch, just not live. I don't really mind that it's not live. Ask (or suggest) if they are posting it to YouTube.
KeyKid is online now   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

They are...
Old 04-01-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Ask (or suggest) if they are posting it to YouTube.
They are posting it to their website, but with Holy Week, I'd like to see it on that day, and it takes them a day or two to put it their website.

It looks like I'll be making a fake facebook account and then deactivating or deleting it after Holy Week.

Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote