Help

Career Decisions

North vs South

>

beachgirl70

North vs South
Old 01-22-2018, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Iím wondering if anyone out there has experience or knowledge about teaching in the Carolinas vs New England.
What is it like teaching in Charlotte NC? Or Atlantic carolinas?
NE is a very different place. I am not teaching where I live, but Iím wondering if it better for teachers elsewhere. I found the administrations here support studentsí rights more than the teachers, in everything from grades to discipline.

beachgirl70 is offline   Reply With Quote

John P

John P

Old 01-23-2018, 04:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never taught in the Carolinas, but I've been teaching in Rhode Island for 15 years. I agree with your statement that administrators support students' right more than teachers' rights to teach. They allow the students' rights to learn be violated by the students' rights to disrupt. Students know that and especially in the inner city, they shut down your classroom. So, essentially, they put the students' rights to destroy above the students' rights to learn; it's totally upside down. Then you add in the evaluation process and it becomes a toxic environment, and as a result, many teachers leave the profession. It's really a sad situation!