Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

I ask this a lot :)

>

missthird

I ask this a lot :)
Old 04-22-2018, 10:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Almost Summer Break! WooHoo! But as a teacher you know the struggle of constant planing. I will be teaching Preschool again this coming up year and I need a plan for next year. I was completely lost on what to do this year as coming from third grade to pre-k was a big jump. My school is very small. Its pretty lenient and I don't have issues at all with my admin. I pretty much control what I want to teach in preschool. My problem is I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'M DOING. I do feel like my students progressed well this year. Over half my class (23) are where they are supposed to be. I have no curriculum, limited resources, and no type of sequence as to how to progress throughout the year. I want to do better next year.
Does anyone mind showing their schedule? Or an example of a run through of an activity. Whole alphabet or letter of the week? Does anyone teach with a curriculum? Do you like it/ Hate it/ Make it your own? Or do some of you not have curriculum? What are your opinions? Best and worst curriculum ideas? How are your small groups (if you use small group) set up? Do you do play based centers? Nap time? Professional Development or courses I could take over the summer? Any help is much appreciated.

missthird is offline   Reply With Quote

RealisticPreK

Old 05-26-2018, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

check out Heidi songs blog. Her CDs for letters and sounds, numbers and sight words (#1 and the one with the colors) are fantastic, BTW.

http://blog.heidisongs.com/2013/12/p...-to-learn.html

I print out binders of ABCs, numbers and sight words and leave them on the shelf. We play heidi songs CDs and the binders contain stuff from
this reading mama https://thisreadingmama.com/learning-the-alphabet/ (go to page 11 of each letter for the colorful letters, print each out and put in binder and leave on a low shelf for kids to reach for as the music plays).

Look up jacque on this website. She's a kindergarten teacher. You could get ideas from her contributions, too.

the measured mom.com is great.

teachpreschool.com is fantastic.

prekpages.com is great, as well.

Hope this helps!
RealisticPreK is offline   Reply With Quote