Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

Head Start Interview

>

lovefrogs

Head Start Interview
Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have an interview with a Head Start panel, and was wondering if anyone has insight to the questions I might need to be prepared to answer. Thanks!

lovefrogs is offline   Reply With Quote

*coonts*

questions
Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Some possible questions (if I remember right):

Why do you want to work with children?
How do you handle discipline problems?

For some reason those two questions are the only two that really come to my mind. I worked there for 2 1/2 years and loved it. I left to finish my teaching degree. Best of luck with your interview!
*coonts* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tea"cheer"

Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Shoot. That was my first teaching expeerience about 12-13 years ago...I wish I could remember the questions. I am guessing you are familiar with Head Start, but if not, there is a HUGE focus on involving parents. I had a parent meeting every month I believe. I also had to do home visits...I LOVED the experience. The hours were great and the families were wonderful. The group of children was nice and small. Good luck to you. I hope someone on here can help more than I did!
Tea"cheer" is offline   Reply With Quote

danalea10

Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I work for Head Start now but I never had to interview in front of a panel, it was just the Director of Education and the Director of Family Services. It was over 8 years ago and I cant for the life of me remember any of the interview questions. Good Luck at the interview if you have any questions about Head Start I would be glad to try and answer them!
danalea10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mila15

Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

How do children learn best?
Describe your classroom management.
What do you think about worksheets in pre-k?
How would you teach literacy?

Make sure your responses are developmentally appropriate! Find out as much as you can about the center you are interviewing at-- they might ask how much you know about the Head Start program. Also, if you have time, prepare a lesson or theme that you might use in the classroom and ask if you can share it with the panel.

Best of luck!

mila15 is offline   Reply With Quote

danalea10

Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

How did the interview go?
danalea10 is offline   Reply With Quote
ash3285

ash3285

Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

What would you tell a parent of a three year old who wants there child to read in the next year?
How do you handle conflicts between staff in your classroom?

prek3zteach

Head Start
Old 07-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

is great. I think you will enjoy it. The "whole child" teaching approach is one I firmly believe in. They are very involved with the parents, and the community. Also, health screenings are conducted for the children which I think is great. The sample questions posted on here all sound great. Another might be:

How would you handle an upset parent who has an issue with the classroom?
prek3zteach is offline   Reply With Quote

preKrocks

Inquiring
Old 07-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

How'd the interview go, did you get the job?
preKrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
errey24

errey24

Lead Teacher for HeadStart : Interview Prep
Old 06-09-2018, 01:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I have a interview coming up for a lead teaching position at a HeadStart in the Montgomery, Alabama area. I recently graduated from AUM with a bachelors in Education and will be dual certified in Early Childhood Education & Elementary Education. This will be my very first interview I have had since graduating from college. Is there anything I need to know in order to prepare for the interview? It will be in front of a committee. I have researched the mission statement, philosophy, and curriculum they use but I also heard that they mainly ask “what if” questions. Any help would greatly be appreciated and I hope I can truly get this job because I think what you all do is amazing as teachers at HeadStart. I want to truly make a difference.

ereynol3

My Very 1st Interview- Lead Teacher
Old 06-09-2018, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I have a interview coming up for a lead teaching position at a HeadStart in the Montgomery, Alabama area. I recently graduated from AUM with a bachelors in Education and will be dual certified in Early Childhood Education & Elementary Education. This will be my very first interview I have had since graduating from college. Is there anything I need to know in order to prepare for the interview? It will be in front of a committee. I have researched the mission statement, philosophy, and curriculum they use but I also heard that they mainly ask “what if” questions. Any help would greatly be appreciated and I hope I can truly get this job because I think what you all do is amazing as teachers at HeadStart. I want to truly make a difference.
ereynol3 is offline   Reply With Quote