Help

Fourth Grade

Share pregnancy with my 4th graders...

>

MrsPickett

Share pregnancy with my 4th graders...
Old 03-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm beginning to show, though only to those who know I'm pregnant. I'm planning to share the news with my class before Easter, as I think it would be irresponsible to NOT say anything as I continue to grow.
What suggestions do you have for sharing the news? It's been suggested I read a book, but what book? I don't want to turn it into a Q/A session, either. Advice? Suggestions?

MrsPickett is offline   Reply With Quote

cheri

Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Since I have taught 4th grade, I have had three children. I have always waited until I am showing. Then I just casually say, "As you probably have noticed, I am going to have a baby." I let them know when the baby is due, if it is a boy or girl. They are always very excited, but then it dies down. Good luck & congratulations!!
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote

shenanigan

Treats
Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

On st Patricks day I brought in blue and pink cupcakes. The kids were confused why they weren't green, so I said, "hmmm why pink and blue?". It took several guesses of who they thought would have a baby. They even guessed it was my dog having puppies!
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote

cms0620

Same issue
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm having the same issue about telling my class. I did have 1 girl in the lunch line ask the other day if I was. I asked her why and she said a while back I had baby presents on my desk (for another teachers baby shower) and she told me she heard other teachers congratulate me in the hallway. I told her that yes I was having a baby b/c I didn't want to lie to her. I figured it would get spread around the 4th grade and all the kids would know soon enough. However, none of the rest have commented on it.
cms0620 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 03-06-2011, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I told my 4th graders last year by playing hangman. It said, "Guess who's having a baby? Your teacher!" They LOVED it and were so excited. It was a fun way to celebrate with my class. I did it at the end of the day, with only about 10 minutes left, so it was quick and there wasn't time for lots of questions.

KatieViolet is online now   Reply With Quote

4thgradeOhio

Wordsearch
Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

When I was pregnant with my first child I made a wordsearch. All of the letters that were left over spelled out Mrs. Abdoo is having a baby! I just made up words that we were studying or words from a book we were reading. At the bottom of the ws I put the blank lines for how many letters would be left over.
It was cute seeing their faces after they were done. They would look up from the paper at me and smile.
4thgradeOhio is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsSusko

Also expecting
Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I didn't really have the chance to tell my class. I made the mistake of letting one of my close friends know in the hallway about 50 feet away from where students were standing in the entryway waiting to be let in. She screamed so loud that the whole school knew within a matter of seconds! It worked, and I haven't had a lot of questions! Maybe you could tell a coworker to scream it in the hallway outside your class!
MrsSusko is offline   Reply With Quote

PBobcats4

Old 03-07-2011, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

WHen I was student teaching my cooperating teacher and I were pregnant at the same time. We had read the Ramona book (can't think of the title for the moment) where her mom is pregnant, after the book my cooperating teacher announced it and then had me announce mine too.
PBobcats4 is offline   Reply With Quote