Help

The VENT

Vent about myself!

>

becky2624

Vent about myself!
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I feel so lazy the last couple of days! I haven't done very much to be productive. I have a stack of PD books I have chosen to read this summer, but can't muster the energy to do so. AGRRR!

becky2624 is offline   Reply With Quote

MNTeacher24

Old 07-01-2013, 12:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Despite my long (and growing) to-do list, I found myself watching Brothers & Sisters and eating EVERYTHING in sight in my pj's all day. I think it happens to the best of us. I am way more productive after a "day off!"
MNTeacher24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ilvtching

Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Don't be so hard on yourself! This is our time rest, relax and rejuvenate! We need to remember that we need this time so we can hit the ground running in the Fall.

Maybe break things into smaller pieces and work on your list that way. Once you cross off a couple of little things you may find more motivation and tackle more!

Ilvtching is offline   Reply With Quote

BettySpeller

Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I could have written your vent! I always seem to have big summer plans, and I'm lucky if I get half (one third, maybe) of it accomplished.
BettySpeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Persephone

Me Too!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm in a total funk already! I basically slept half the day and ate the other half of the day or I ate while laying down on the couch. Every summer I vow to lose weight. This will be my year to do it.

I can hardly wait for summer, but then after being so busy, I don't know what to do with myself.

Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote

gunther922

I agree you shouldn't be so hard on yourself!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You really do need this time to be lazy. I have a hard time with it sometimes because I always feel as though I must be productive. All I know is that I want to enjoy every minute of summer. It was a long rough year and I need to recharge.

To help me get stuff done I choose one day a week that is for PD reading materials or stuff like that. I also designate one day that I run around and do errands. Then on the other days I don't care what I get done. I might exercise, read for pleasure, bake something etc. Anyway, just do what you want to do and don't feel guilty!
gunther922 is offline   Reply With Quote

blue3

same boat
Old 07-01-2013, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am in the same boat. I had a very tough year. Trying to muster up energy to accomplish the tasks that need to be completed are hard.
blue3 is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 07-01-2013, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I did the exact same thing for much of last week. Except I was probably lazier. Seriously, I spent entire days in bed watching Netflix! It was to the point where I'd be hungry, but decide that making food or going out and getting some was too much trouble, so I just didn't eat.

I just needed to give myself a few days of that; then I snapped out of it. I'm not exactly super-productive now, but I'm getting things done...slowly. I'm sure you will too once you've recharged a little.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote

msnewbieteach

Totally feel...
Old 07-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

The same way! I just completed my first year teaching last week. iIt was a rough year at school, my grandpa died and both my pets. I have been to two conferences since school ended. I was wondering why I wanted to sleep all the time and felt like I had the stomach flu all week. My best friend pointed out that my body was finally fed up with all the stress and lack of sleep from the last ten months.
Today is the first day I felt somewhat normal. Al I want to do is watch Netflix and crochet. I need to plan summer school, start my research for my masters thesis and I have three more conferences this summer.
Take this time to sleep and let your brain take a break. I need to take my own advice the last thing my ap said to me was to take a break because August 23 we hit the ground running.
I hope everyone has a restful and rejuvenating summer!
msnewbieteach is offline   Reply With Quote

beagles2

Lazy
Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I struggle with this every summer. I have finally come to the conclusion that I don't have to be productive during the summer. The To Do list can wait. I run around like a nut for 10 months of the year and I am perfectly justified in sitting around and relaxing during the summer. It's called VACATION.

Don't feel guilty. This is not a waste of time. This is the time to rejuvinate both your body and your mind.

beagles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissHoo

I agree!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Like some others have said, this was a hard year for me as well. And I don't think there was one night this year where I actually got enough sleep. Add to that that 2013 has been a hard year financially, I think I have just been pushed to the limit. Of course, when nothing gets done, I just feel worse, so I need to snap out of it! But, I think we all do need to give ourselves just a few days to recover.

Although, no matter what, it has always seemed that the more time I have to do stuff, the less stuff I actually get done (I have no idea how to word that better!). When I was in school and had to work after, I actually got stuff done. Now that I have had some summers, you would think stuff would get done. But I always think Hey, I can just do that tomorrow. Then August comes and work starts again and oops, nothing has been done. I need to stop that.
MissHoo is offline   Reply With Quote

WestCoastTch

Listen to your body.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I am scheduled to death all year long between work, commuting, and my family at home.

I run at such a high pace all year that I find it impossible to just un-plug when school ends. I start acting nutty around the last two weeks of school and start planning ahead like crazy. If I try to just stop completely, I feel anxious. So, I made what I feel is a healthy compromise. I spent the last 3 weeks in June doing odds and ends for my classroom, and now I'm done. Other than the odd pin in Pinterest, I will not be doing any planning or school related work in July. I may not get to all of my house chores, either. Oh well. I have better things to do...
WestCoastTch is online now   Reply With Quote

becky2624

Thanks You!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I am glad to see I am not alone! Now off to shower and leave the house!
becky2624 is offline   Reply With Quote

funinthesun

lazy daze on purpose!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Hey, I'm on proteacher, so I think I'm accomplishing tons! I'm in my pjs, watching TLC in bed while I'm on the computer, reading teacher blogs, looking up education lessons, I set up my edmodo site, sending emails, drinking iced tea, and yes, I get to go to the bathroom whenever I want to! I call this "working from home"! I will remember this day vividly, come some stressful day during the upcoming year, when I have progress reports to do, parents to call, faculty meeting to attend, lesson plans to create, benchmark tests to prepare...then fit in dr. appointment, grocery store to pick up what I need to make dinner, carry it all in, start supper, make it, clean up, do a load of laundry for clean clothes the next day, the list goes on! We do more than a days work in one typical day while teaching and we have to do that 181 days a year...YOU NEED THE BREAK! MAKE IT YOUR OWN! Do whatever you want to and ENJOY!
funinthesun is offline   Reply With Quote