Help

The VENT

Follow up to issue with coworker

>

GreyhoundGirl

Follow up to issue with coworker
Old 02-19-2021, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I called him today and played nice. Apparently he called the head the head of the virtual learning program this morning and complained we didn't have a relationship. No kidding. I have 16 teachers over 2 grade levels, we're in 5 different buildings and I've never met you. I told him I'd love to work with him and build a relationship with him. He told me my email was combative. Hmm....

He wants me to send emails proving that I sent them already. He's documenting. Fine. I did nothing wrong. Here are your emails. He admitted he didn't read my emails that I sent explaining my thinking (apparently he's the only one that can expect emails to be read and returned).

I played nicely, put on a good show and I'm moving on. I got off the phone and my team mate was amazed at how well I handled it.

The district chose the best of the best teachers to teach this virtual program which is great. I'm amazed at what they're doing. I've never seen teachers of this caliber before. They never wanted to come to my district. This guy knows how good he is, wants everyone else to know it, and acknowledge it, and I think he wants to be an administrator. Fine. I'll play the game.

GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Old 02-19-2021, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iím glad you straightened things out. You sure know how to play the game! That guy is a piece of work, but now you have his number. Well done!
Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 02-19-2021, 07:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have no respect for ďa##Ē kissers. What an arrogant jerk. Sounds like he is trying to practice being an administrator already by telling you to send him emails proving you have sent him emails. I commend you for taking the high road.
gradymidget is online now   Reply With Quote

2teach2

Old 02-19-2021, 08:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Good for you for being nice! This guy sounds like a real piece of work! At least you know that now, and you can tiptoe around him. Sheesh, why can't people be team players!
2teach2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Eln

Eln

Old 02-19-2021, 10:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I must be slow tonight. I don't get it. If you sent him e-mails, he should have them already in his e-mail account. Why would he ask you to send them again as proof you sent them? He says he is documenting and he wants your e-mails to be sent to him again as proof you sent them!? What? Well if he deleted your e-mails before he saved them in an individual file, he is not doing a very good job of documenting. Asking for you to send them to him again so he can compile them together as proof you sent them to him seems somewhat oddly backwards.

lisa53

Old 02-20-2021, 03:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Maybe you could ask him to send those emails you sent back to you so you can document that he got them?
lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote

SDT

Old 02-20-2021, 06:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You are far more patient and diplomatic than I am. Nice work!
SDT is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 02-20-2021, 07:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Every email I sent that arrogant, pompous a$$ in the future would have a read receipt attached to it. Then you can just save those and document yourself.
teachnkids is online now   Reply With Quote

mommy9298

Old 02-20-2021, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Iíve run across a few teachers in my career like him. Itís not worth your energy or time. No one matters because they want to climb the ladder to the top. Iíd do what has been said, request a return receipt or email when received. You did the right thing. Just be nice because they step on everyone to get to the top. Not all teachers are like this who want to advance their career, thank goodness.
mommy9298 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ally

Old 02-20-2021, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

You showed a lot of restraint! I once job shared with a teacher and we seemed to get along. We used to leave notes to one another about how the day went, and I usually tried to be a little funny. I made a comment about how chatty a kid was in a note for her eyes only (although it wasn't mean at all...just not how I would phrase that chattiness to a parent or admin) and she showed the principal. She said she didn't understand what I meant and asked for clarification...not from me but our principal!

It was so mortifying. He was nice enough but just reminded me that the note could end up in anyone's hands so not the best practice. I honestly could not believe she threw me under the bus like that! It was not like my joke was hard to understand...the kid talked a lot!

After that my notes we strictly professional and I never joked with her at all. And the next year, I chose to job share with another teacher. She tried to buddy up again, but I had no trust in her. I still have no idea what was to be gained by that little show...but I definitely learned my lesson about what to put in writing. (which was my lesson...I still don't understand why your guy was offended)

Long story short...some people are real jerks! MY jerk adopted a dog and then returned her after a few weeks because she didn't like the texture of the dog's coat! That should have been my first clue!

Ally is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

Sounds like a handful
Old 02-20-2021, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I'm annoyed for you. He's still way overstepping his role. It also sounds like he has a large ego. Never trust him for a moment.
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 02-21-2021, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

You are a better person then I could ever be. He tells you he didn't read your emails and then asks you to resend to prove you sent them. Crazy! Good luck being the better person
klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote