Argh. I donít know how I feel about this. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The VENT

Argh. I donít know how I feel about this.

>

jazzer

Argh. I donít know how I feel about this.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Now that most teachers in my district are fully vaccinated, the district has decided to have the school board vote on having all hybrid students in person four days a week instead of half two days and the other half two days.

Though it has not been voted on yet, they already have a prep day set for March 10th and all teachers must have their classrooms re set up by the 11th.

We just started hybrid on February 1st and are finally in a routine. I donít know why we have to move so quickly. Many schools in my county are just starting hybrid or are still fully remote.

It does help that 50 percent of students chose to stay fully remote at my school. We would have 50 percent of the student body in school at any time instead of just 25 percent. I think the key is that we are mostly fully vaccinated.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The constant change is hard! I am hopeful that as spring progresses, cases continue to decline.

Whatever happens, I hope things work out for the best.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Yep
Old 02-25-2021, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

There is a false sense of security with vaccination that I think we need to be more cautious about.
Our district waited until after the first clinic then said that everyone is going back March 1st. They keep changing their mind and changing their plans.
We have whiplash from so many changes and that is what is so frustrating. First they agreed to remote for first semester then at the October meeting they changed their minds and gave us 2 weeks to switch to hybrid. They said we would be hybrid until The end of 3 quarter (end of March) and have now changed their minds to return full time March 1st.
They donít seem to care how others feel.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 02-25-2021, 08:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Maybe it's because the one year anniversary of school closures is coming up and they don't want a headline saying, "Schools Closed for More than a Year".

I know your school has been doing hybrid so that's not quite accurate, but I could see that some people might jump on that bandwagon.
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 02-25-2021, 09:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Right. Another thing they are forgetting is that us teachers are among only 5% of people in our state to be fully vaccinated and among 10% who have at least one shot.

This means that many parents have not been vaccinated yet and kids can bring that to school.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 02-25-2021, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Or, to a different point, the kids can come to school, catch something and bring it back home. I mean, if I'm fully vaccinated, I'm less worried about myself catching a case but that doesn't mean a kid wouldn't bring it someone in their family.
The hard part is the change in routine and I do think the point about approaching the year anniversary of school closing is true.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 02-25-2021, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

The teachers at my school that are doing hybrid (3-6 grades) are asking for all kids to come back. They are dying on the vine trying to do remote and in person at the same time.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

desert flower

Old 02-25-2021, 09:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We have been hybrid since Feb 1. Students will be coming back full time after spring break. (March 22). Though, students have the option to stay remote fir the remainder of the year. Only a few will choose that route.
desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote