Writing & Language Arts

New 2nd grade teacher needs advice

>

Michael

Michael

New 2nd grade teacher needs advice
Old 11-25-2005, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Please email me at michaelblock75@msn.com. I need ideas for getting my Guided Reading groups started, centers, writing, etc.

THANK YOU!

Michael

Cari

Cari

I hear ya!
Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Michael,
I'm in the same boat. Some ideas I was given is to purchase 5-6 mini white boards and have a lit. station for kids to be practising their spelling words with blends. Another is to have a spot for Independant Reading, big books, etc. One writting station when, for instance, they have to write 5 clues for people to guess their favorite ______ (animal, food, Halloween Costume, toy, etc.) The other station should be for you to de Guided Reading. I was told this yesterday and haven't set it up in my own classroom yet. I'm new to teaching and grade two...Good LUCK!
Darby

Darby

Old 11-29-2005, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would suggest buying some of the guided reading books by Fountas and Phinnell. Those are very helpful in setting up guided reading, centers, and writing. I can't remember the name for the one used in the primary grades, but it's something about guided reading.

Their books are a wonderful resource and very helpful