I Need All The 4th Grade Teachers

>

Jenny72

Jenny72

I Need All The 4th Grade Teachers
Old 01-14-2006, 07:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Dear Fellow Teachers,
I Have A Job Interview For 4th Grade Teacher And I Know That A Strong Emphasis On Writing Is Taught At This Grade. Anyone Have Any Ideas Or Where To Search.

Jenny

kali

kali

6 traits
Old 01-18-2006, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Get the 6+1 traits of writing by Ruth Culham NOW.

Easy and interesting read...........makes great sense and best of all, for your situation...it will give you language to use when talking about writing and give you a base to fall back on.

I would also find a good structure to your organized writers workshop......status of the class, mini lessons, teaching the traits, and using read alouds as models of good writing!!
brooke

brooke

School\s writing program?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school uses 6-traits and I like it. Writing expectations vary. There is the writing program (6-traits or other), but the teacher also has to be comfortable and familiar with the writing process. If I were interviewing, I'd talk a bit about the writing process that all children need to follow (brainstorm, first draft, revise, edit, publish), and then turn it back to them by asking, "What program does your school use?" Like another poster said, find a book you can reference or do a few Internet searches.
Grace

Grace

Previous 4th grade teacher
Old 01-18-2006, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Fountas and Pinnell Grades 3-5
Readers and Writers... (some title like that) It's my districts "bible"
BMorrison

BMorrison

4th Grade Teacher
Old 02-18-2006, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We use 6-trait, but also use Step-up to writing. Step-up gives students the information they need to understand how to organize their writing and gives you lesson ideas to really teach the six traits. These programs really work hand in hand very well. We have discovered that they fill in eachother's gaps quite nicely.

Martha H.

Martha H.

Jenny 72's message
Old 03-03-2006, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

If you will buy the book The Most Wonderful Writing Lessons Ever, you will have a great start. After 20 years of teaching this is my favorite. You can get it online for around $10.00 to $15.00. It was written by Barbara Mariconda. She is one of the owners of Empowering Writers. Don't miss that training if you get a chance to go.