Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Staff development days

>

Susan/IN

Staff development days
Old 10-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have 6 half days that are designated staff development days. Usually one-two are corporation wide, the others are building based. We have one coming up in a couple of days and we are divided into two groups: primary and intermediate writing. I am in charge of leading the primary group. I have been working on this for at least two weeks. I have put together folders for each teacher and have pulled work to look at (we are working on our school goal of writing). Today, some of the intermediate elementary teachers came to me and asked me what I was doing - seems as though each teacher got an assignment this afternoon that they are expected to lead (day after tomorrow) from the teacher who is supposed to be leading their group. They wanted to know if I was doing that (no, my interpretation is that if I'm asked to present, I do the prep work) and that they were going to go to the principal to complain. My group will have things to do, but not beforehand, and it isn't anything they haven't looked at before. I feel like I'm in an awkward spot, but I do think it is kind of nervy of the other teacher to put her work on to the others in the group, especially since we will get a stipend for leading the activities (although it's not a big one). I just hope we don't have an uprising tomorrow or that this person confronts me....

Susan/IN is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsM

staff and stipend
Old 10-04-2005, 01:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Susan, all you can do is go ahead as you planned. If she confronts you, simply say that you are working according to the way you interpreted you should. The teachers are the ones complaining, not you, and you were only used as a resource. Now, if the other teacher is in trouble over this, there's no way she'll see it as reasonably as this. I agree that if you are getting a stipend for this, then you do the prep work. You'll just have to wait and see, and I hope this all works out for you.
MrsM is offline   Reply With Quote