New Teachers

I'm ready...now what?

>

NH79

NH79

I'm ready...now what?
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I obtained my degree in '03 but then had a baby and decided to stay at home and concentrate on my family. I always knew I wanted to go back, but wanted to wait until I knew I was all in. A had a couple jobs since but wasn't happy with where I was going and knew I wanted to back into the teaching field. Well, I'm ready. I have been actively in school as a T.A., subbing, and I will be taking a colleagues’ maternity leave next month. Yet I still feel like I am not doing enough. I just don’t know what the next step should be. I fell lost, please help.

hollar09

A little hint!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hello, I am a senior in college getting ready to recieve my degree as an elementary education teacher. I have been in a second, fourth, and fifth grade classroom for the past three years. I think that you have had so much experience in the classroom recently being a T.A and a sub. Something my school has taught all of the seniors who are getting ready to look for jobs is that you need to remind yourself that you recieved a degree in education and it does not matter when, you still recieved one. Something that i would suggest to make you feel more prepared, however, is to start looking up how to use an ELMO and a SmartBoard. These two things are in classrooms all over now and using them helps keep the students involved in the lesson, and trust me, you do not want the students telling you how to work them, it can be embarassing. Anyway, i hope this helped and good luck!
hollar09 is offline   Reply With Quote