Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Amazon Deliveries

>

Ima Teacher

Amazon Deliveries
Old 06-15-2022, 09:43 AM

We recently started getting Amazon deliveries by Amazon trucks. I’ll have to say that I enjoy how they take a picture of where they put the item. I have three doors in the front of my house, plus two large porches with plenty of places to leave a package.

When they first started, it was also entertaining to look at Facebook for all of the “this is my package, but not my porch” posts. Seems as they finally have it worked out.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

meandmyhouse

Old 06-15-2022, 10:05 AM

Amazon drivers sometimes text me about my dog. "Hi, I am almost at your house. If your dog is out, will you take her in?" I feel like they really "know" us, lol!

This meme made me chuckle. I am not picking on any company, and have had good, and not so good, delivery experiences with all of them.
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Last edited by meandmyhouse; 06-15-2022 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Add info
meandmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 06-15-2022, 12:31 PM

I'm not a fan of Amazon's delivery service. When I used to live in an apartment, they could never find it and would accuse me of giving the wrong address. I could understand the first time (although UPS/USPS could figure it out) because I sort of lived in what I called a "false basement." The building was on a hill and if you went in through the door next to the parking lot, you assumed you were on the main/bottom level when in fact there was another level below that. EVERY time I'd have to contact customer service, and EVERY time I was told that detailed delivery intructions were being added to "all future orders." Nope. So frustrating.

In my new location, I've thankfully gotten everything I've ordered, but I've had probably 5 Amazon packages over the few years I've been here dropped on my porch that weren't mine. I also had an incident when I'd closed on the house but was still in the process of moving. I ordered something to be delivered to the new place, not wanting to deal with the whole apartment issue. The Amazon notice said "handed to resident." Of course my anxiety got to me and however irrational, I worried somebody was in my house and drove over here at like 9 PM. Nope. Package was sitting on the porch. Why lie??

I avoid Amazon whenever I can, but unfortunately there are just some instances where I can't find what I need anywhere else.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

kerrysgirl

I like the picture text, too
Old 06-15-2022, 02:52 PM

Especially when I order things for mom. When it shows up, I get the text and call her to remind her to check for the order. She won’t wear her hearing aid and never hears the doorbell. ������
kerrysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

PPCDTeacher

Old 06-16-2022, 08:35 AM

I get a lot of amazon deliveries and what confuses me is when they say “youre package was handed to a resident”— and they drop it off at my house an hour later.
Or when they say “delivered yesterday “ and theyre just driving up.
Or the picture of my package on someone elses porch,
Or “your package has been delivered “— and they dont come with it til the next day.
Its really mind bending how many mistakes they make.

PPCDTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote