Help

ARCHIVE

Adding pictures to website

>

Irish

Adding pictures to website
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I finally got my website via teacherweb off the ground. I am still struggling but...Anyway I have decided not to post any pictures of my students on this site. It is for info only. I feel that with the way we have creepy people in the world it would not be worth it. Many teachers in my school used theirs to post class pictures. I am not really OK with this.
Am I being to overprotective?

bostonsmom

Password protected
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have posted pix on my site, but my admin. is thinking of changing that. My AP told me that through TeacherWeb you can password protect pages with pix so that only the parents and students who know the password can access those pages.

UF94Gator

Ms. Paranoid
Old 08-14-2009, 06:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am in the process of creating my own site too and I have the same concern about posting pictures. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words so I want to use the hundreds of pictures that I have with kids but...I'm nervous. I think that for the teacher pages I am leaning towards not posting pictures with kids faces but the jury is still out. I hope others reply to this thread so I can hear other opinions.

In regards to posting classroom pictures for the parents in my class...I know that certain programs do let you password protect like the PP said but I am still paranoid. What if you give a parent in your class the password and they themselves have something in their past or present that is questionable.

Am I over thinking this or is our world just a scary creepy place?

ichigo

Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If your site gives the school name, address, or phone number, or links back to the school or district sites, I'd be concerned. That information tells exactly where to find a particular child Monday-Friday.

I am less concerned with password protected websites-anyone with the password would have a connection to someone in the school and could potentially come in contact with the children that way. My website has password protection. I'm still uncertain about the pictures. However, my school does have pictures of students on its site, and parents have signed permission.

dp

Classroom Webpage
Old 08-15-2009, 03:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I guess I'm overprotective, too. I am not including any student photos on my site either. I'm also not posting our school name, address, etc... The parents already know where their kids go to school. This webpage is to be used by parents to check the class schedule, spelling lists, reading story/skills of the week, other subject quizzes, tests, and so on. *I have included my e-mail for parents to reach me, though.

all4U

Pictures, but no names
Old 08-15-2009, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

In our district we can post pictures of students (in fact we are encouraged to because parents are drawn to the website more), but we do not put a name with a picture unless we have a parent permission slip.

I have never had any problems with doing this. The kids and parents love it!