Help

Second Grade

Smart Board ideas

>

2kids

Smart Board ideas
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am really wanting to integrate the smart board into my lessons. Does anyone have any good ideas and easy for a beginner? Thanks!

froggy11

Great Website
Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi! I just got a smart board in my room this year as well! I have found a great website and it is, www.smartexchange.com. Here you can type in a topic, select the grade level(s) and choose which subject areas you want to search. My math group is working on graphs and tables right now, and I have found some great activites. Oh, the best part, you can preview some pages before deciding to download!

Kel. my Belle

Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love the exchange too, there are lots of great ideas there that are ready for you to use. I am attaching a list of other good websites that we were given when we got our smartboards.

I set up every day on my smartboard, starting with thier morning work and the math problem of the day, and through all of my other subjects. I insert any worksheets we are doing as well as links to power points and videos. It really helps to cut down on transition times and we can go over worksheets and check our work together on the smartboard. Good Luck! I love mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SMART board sites.pdf (69.5 KB, 195 views)

Uniqua2

Just think
Old 09-30-2011, 08:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

About what you want to show to the whole class. My smart board replaced my overhead projector, so anything I used to project I made for the board. Start slow, before you know it you'll get more ideas.

Oh, and search the gallery a bit, you'll be surprised how much there is already there.

teachforest

smartboard
Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Kel.my Belle
I was so happy to see this post. Two years ago my school wrote a grant for smartboards. I attended a training session and was very excited to use it with my class. We didn't get the boards until late April so i didn't have much time to use it..They then decided to close our school. The school I am at now has a few smartboards that nobody wants because they don't know how to use it. I begged for one and got it (had to buy my ownlap top, but that's okay). Problem is I am very limited as to what I can do on it because I don't remember a lot from the training two years ago. I saw on your post you insert worksheets, that iis what I would like to know how to do. If you could help me I would be so grateful, I really think smartboards are great for the kids. Thanks
Marcia

karlielover

Guess the Covered Word
Old 10-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Are you familiar with Guess the Covered Word? That was one of the first things I started doing with the Smartboard because it's easy and works so well. You can copy and paste a poem or passage into your Notebook software and then use the rectangle shapes to cover the words of your choice.

We have just about all of our lessons on the Smartboard now. We use it like a projected textbook, we do spelling games, we model handwriting on the handwriting lines in the gallery. There are pattern blocks, money, tens and ones etc. that you can use like manipulatives...You can link audio from your text cds and have it right there in a lesson rather than having to fiddle with the cd player.

It's wonderful!