Substitute Teachers

A good day!

>

RadSub19

A good day!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Monday I had a horrid day! See my post under "No More Middle School!"

Today I subbed at a different district, which I moved into in January...but only got on their sub list about a month ago.

I taught 8-12th grade Spanish. I started out at the middle school and went to the high school for the rest of the day.

The kids were well behaved and they completed the assignments (or stayed in their seats and did other work...I didn't really care as long as I didn't have to stay on top of them to be quiet and work!)

I did my student teaching in this district 3 years ago. A couple of girls in one class recognized me! That was nice:-)

The secretaries at the MS and HS were very accomodating! The other foreign language teachers helped me find my way and the teacher's lesson plans were UP TO DATE!

Also...I am required to observe a MS, HS and elem. library for my grad class. I got to speak to the HS librarian on my prep and set up a time to observe on Friday morning!!

AND to top it all off...I had hall duty last period. I was told to wander around the building, check passes etc. As I was doing my duty, I came upon a table of FREE printers that were being discarded from the tech department!!!! I talked to the tech teacher and he said that I could take one...and if it didn't work...bring it back and he'd have more printers later on in the year! SCORE!

What a difference from Monday!

RadSub19 is offline   Reply With Quote

bailey456

Old 11-11-2009, 02:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Bless your heart! What a great day! One just never knows what is around the corner waiting for us. It takes the bad days for us to really appreciate good ones. I hope you have more good ones coming up!
bailey456 is offline   Reply With Quote