Help

Substitute Teachers

High School Pep Rally

>

lovetosub

High School Pep Rally
Old 11-11-2009, 03:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

OMG. Subbed at my fav HS but they had a pep rally at the end of the day. Was told to "sit with and monitor my class" during the rally. Yeah. Right. Like that's going to happen. Lost more than half my class as they entered the gym. Didn't know where the particular classes were supposed to sit, i.e., junior v. senior, freshman v. sophomores. I gave up, sat down with an art teacher I respect, and enjoyed the show.

Lesson learned: when 2,000 HS students enter the gymnasium at the same time, mimic the regular teachers, sit on the sidelines, and watch the mayhem unfold....

Pinot Noir, here I come.

lovetosub is offline   Reply With Quote

thordau4

Old 11-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I so agree with you. I hate to be a party pooper, but I hate going to pep rallies! They are so noisy and I can't tell who is in the class I'm subbing in! Even if I could keep track of them, identify them and TRY to supervise, they would really ignore me in there. I don't like climbing up bleachers - or climbing down them! I agree with you "watch the mayhem unfold"!!
I will always love the secretary that let me leave at the beginning of an HS pep rally!
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

oh no...
Old 11-12-2009, 07:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

if they will be dismissed from the pep rally then I leave. I HATe pep rally's and assemblies of any kind. yuck. I didn't even like them as a student. I am not very effective in taht situation anyway. And yes, I have permission to leave. I suggest next time you get permission to leave however, if they are coming back to the room after then just go back to the room. personally, i have plenty of "pep"

Adams

Old 11-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

A while back substituting at a high school on pep rally day, I was instructed to keep my class together and sit with them in the bleachers. This was a huge school with thousands of kids.

Like an idiot I am trying to keep them together as we enter the gym along with the mass of humanity entering at the same time. I finally sit with my group then notice all the other teachers standing or sitting together away from the frenzied crowd.

Never again.
Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Augustus

Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

exactly, they want the sub do what few of the real teachers do.
Am I the only one who is embarrassed by the gyrations of the cheerleaders? The way these girls move at these rallies is just plain nasty and I don't want to be seen watching them. I am afraid I will be caught staring with my mouth open. I have seen my share of pole dancers, strippers, etc. and if my mouth is open it will be because I can't believe high school girls are permitted to dance like that a rally and not because I am having impure thoughts.
I think it is another sign that the end of time is near.

Augustus is offline   Reply With Quote