Substitute Teachers

Jobulator Help?

>

viktoriag

Jobulator Help?
Old 11-08-2009, 05:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi

Well, I caved in and paid the $40 for the year for this widget that has helped me to find a job or two or three over the past month of my free trial. I hate that I have to pay to use it, and some states were going to be able to pay $20 but I figured if it finds me one job it more than pays for itself.

Anyway, I updated the subscription on their website and they gave me a new activation code. However, the widget said that I needed a new activation code and I had to click 'Ok.' Again and again and again and again ...

So I emailed Jobulator support early yesterday (maybe they don't work Saturdays?) and have heard nothing back. I did a google search that told me how to delete and reinstall the jobulator widget so I did that. Now it appears to be working although two things worry me: (1) where it says 'refresh' it doesn't say 'last refreshed at ....' and (2) it never asked me for an activation code.

Since our AESOP is often very slow and the big fat red ZERO on Jobulator has become a sight I see in my dreams, I'm not sure if the thing is working and this is the bleak outlook for my $40, or if it's not really connected, and how would I ever know?

Does anyone know how to go from the free trial to the paid subscription? Has anyone had something like this happen? This is our last weekend before school starts after a week off, so I really would like to be able to find some jobs. Of course I can keep refreshing, but that doesn't yield me jobs often either.

viktoriag is offline   Reply With Quote

-fishnic

Old 11-08-2009, 06:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

check your version. Jobulator 2.02 has the refresh cycle posted, 2.01 does not. unfort their website sometimes links you to the older version for download and installation. in order to update it, the widget must be deleted and reinstalled.
-fishnic is offline   Reply With Quote

viktoriag

widget
Old 11-08-2009, 06:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the reply.

I did delete and reinstall, from the widget dock. I can't find a version number, in fact this widget only has the little bell icon for volume, where my old one had a 'help' icon as well, although it wasn't enough help for me.

Should I delete and reinstall again, from somewhere else? Should I delete the whole dock and just start over? Thanks again.

-fishnic

Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

reinstall from the jobulator website

viktoriag

jobulator site
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks! I just installed it from the AESOP website ... they had a link. It said it had connected, but still didn't ask for a new activation code. Still the big fat red zero, but that's the same on the AESOP page. I'm going to have to see what happens when a job comes up, that's the only way I think I can verify if it's connected. Now it does have the refresh time.

-fishnic

Old 11-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

it will always display '0' until a job is available

viktoriag

working
Old 11-09-2009, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

right, I know that. That's why I didn't know how to tell if it was working. But now it is, finally a job came up and I had to tweak it several times to get it to sound the right bell but I finally did it. So now I am in business. I can't work today, but I'm ready to go for the rest of the week. I wish they had a test site so that you'd know you were actually connecting when there were no jobs. I think the key was downloading it from the AESOP site so it linked to my account directly.

Thanks for the help!

By the way, I hate that big fat red '0'. It shows up almost all the time on mine.
tairam

tairam

I don't hear the bells anymore
Old 08-10-2011, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I see the red zeros but I don't hear the bells anymore. Please help out.