Help

Substitute Teachers

I took another 12 class/day.....

>

Rerun

I took another 12 class/day.....
Old 11-11-2009, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

and I wanted to expand on a couple of observations. Actually, it was a 10/12 day, as I went to 2 classrooms twice (at different times). They were approx. 1/2 hour each in 1st, 2nd and 5th grades. It is the same school that I did the same thing, but different levels, etc. a few weeks ago.

It is a totally exhausting day, as there are no planning times, no lunch (maybe) and if you're lucky, you'll have a 10 minute break, once or twice in the day. The room assignments are all over this WWII vintage, 2 story school, so there's a lot of running between assignments within the building, BUT......what I saw in the halls and classes were worth the blisters and hunger.

Most of teachers in this school have been there for years and years, yet I think more of the kids know me, than most of the teachers. I get smiles, waves, salutations, and hugs from lots and lots of the kids. I've never been in this school before 2 months ago. I gotta tell 'ya, it really doesn't get any better than that. All ages, all levels. I stopped once today and laughed out loud at my reception, then started to weep. I've never had anything like this in my entire life. What a joy!!

I'm the most blessed person on the face of the earth. I don't want to be a full time teacher. I want to be a Sub, the best Sub I can be, so I can help the teachers. I look forward to the variety of different ages and levels. Yeah, there are all the same problems with lessons, behaviors and the rest, but that's part of the gig. One smile from a munchkin is all it takes. In this building, I think I know at least 80% of the students. How great is that?

Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Wow
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm glad you had a wonderful experience. You are obviously someone children recognize as worthy.

I, too, go to a school where the kids greet me and it does indeed make me happy to be there. It also seems to encourage the teachers to call on me there. Great on several levels.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote