Substitute Teachers

so, my district just got jobulator...

>

ciounoi

so, my district just got jobulator...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Thus far, it's made of fail!

It only checks for jobs every 1 minute instead of my homebrew version's every 5 seconds, AND I'm supposed to pay to use it?! Fail!

Now if it automatically accepted jobs for me, that I might go for.

ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Smiling Sub

Me too...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I checked AESOP this morning and there it was...a huge advertisement for Jobulator....I am frustrated! I use a homebrew that checks every 5 minutes too. I don't know what I am going to do yet... I think it is ridiculous to have to pay to get work!
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

red leaf

What do you expect?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

As it says as the bottom of their website page, "Jobulator is brought to you by the makers of Aesop." I'm sure they make a tidy profit on this one.

Last edited by red leaf; 11-18-2009 at 10:41 PM..
red leaf is offline   Reply With Quote

teach smiles

Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm not quite familiar with any of this jargon, but think it's ridiculous to have to pay! If the school districts want YOU to work as a sub, then they should be the ones dishing over the money for this program. What has our society come to? I'd be just as frustrated if I had to do with this.
teach smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
subczy

subczy

ok are you in my dist???
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

SEriously...we just got it today or yesterday too. I am no getting it at this point. I haven't gotten any jobs of aesop this year yet anyway. I tend to keep working for the same people over and over and through contacts. I babysat aesop last year when I was new but this yr clearly someone else has been babysitting it anyway b/c there is rarely anything on it, oh except mon a.m. when it was snowing. lol (funny how weather inspires teacher to call in sick! loL)

so if you are in western KS welcome and i'd be curious to knwo if we are in the same dist.

red leaf

please tell me,
Old 11-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

what is the homebrew version that checks every 5 seconds...besides babysitting the computer?

ciounoi

Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'm in PA... I'm guessing a lot of districts just rolled out Jobulator just now! My saving grace, I think, is that most of the subs in my area are retired and (hopefully) not too tech-savvy. I'm only just now beginning to get requests, but I don't get nearly enough to fill up my week.

Red leaf - search this forum for my firefox addon trick. You use two firefox addons, and together, they keep you logged into Aesop, refresh the page for you, and notify you whenever there are new jobs. Default is every few minutes, I think, but you can set it to as little as every three seconds. Basically... it's Jobulator.
ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote
sub4years

sub4years

We just got it also
Old 11-18-2009, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am in Orange County, Ca. A couple of the districts that I am on just got it also.

red leaf

couldn't find it ciounoi
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I did a search, and no relevant results.
When did you post it?

mstngmom

stupid jobulator!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

So, I pull up AESOP today and there is a message advertising jobulator. I decided to tyr the free trial. So, I get jobulator up and running. I hear the sound and I run to my computer to check out the job. I clicked on the job to accept and put in my pin. Lo and Behold, I get a message that says another sub already accepted it. I thought that jobulator was supposed to be faster then AESOP, WTH?

mstngmom is offline   Reply With Quote

nicpen

Jobulator is what brought me here!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

My district hasn't had Jobulator enabled, but I had downloaded the widget a few months ago. Well, this morning the wonderful "good news" about Jobulator was on Aesop and I went ahead and activated it because the district apparently has started using it.

I have no idea how many subs are trying it out, but it'll be interesting to see if I catch more jobs.

I'd like to hear how loud the notification is when jobs come up. We're a smaller district... 5 elementary schools and one high school, but I've worked more than half of the school year already for which I am thankful. I'm thinking this will either be really good if I happen to be near my computer and don't have to constantly check Aesop, or it'll be really bad because the competition for jobs will potentially be much greater if a number of subs are using it.

Time will tell, but I'm excited about this website!
nicpen is offline   Reply With Quote

RubyVroom

Here too
Old 11-19-2009, 03:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Ours just posted the ad today too. I figure people here start using this I'll just get more jobs because I have firefox check the page every 10 seconds or so, and jobulator states on their site that they check every 2 minutes. Then you have to type in your pin. I can grab a job way quicker than it takes to do that!
RubyVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
ckosu

ckosu

jobulator
Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

How do you get firefox to check every 10 seconds??

caratman

Jobulator alternative
Old 01-01-2010, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I use "Check4Change," a Firefox extension. It'll check as frequently as every 15 seconds and it will sound an alert so you don't have to stare at the screen the whole time. Enjoy.
caratman is offline   Reply With Quote